What do you want from me?

By Anonymous - 16/09/2023 22:00

Today, after weeks of my girlfriend moaning that I never go anywhere, I went out with some friends. An hour in, she started blowing up my phone. When I answered it, she was screaming in rage because I wasn't home to cook dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 787
You deserved it 114

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Trying communicating and maybe having her tag along as a power couple

HouseOfM 8

It's assumed you tell them you are going out especially when you live together or generally have plans together. How'd you miss that?

Comments

That just sounds like a normal relationship. They often require more communication then any other aspect of your life. Likely only going to escalate if you don't adapt quickly.

Trying communicating and maybe having her tag along as a power couple

HouseOfM 8

It's assumed you tell them you are going out especially when you live together or generally have plans together. How'd you miss that?

You can go out with your friends after you cook the dinner, clean up and wash your dishes. Is that clear, drudge?

GreasyRainbow 1

Dude, just run. Even if it was totally spontaneous and you didn't tell her, she still didn't have reacted like that because you weren't there to cook dinner. She's an adult, she can feed herself.

You never go anywhere with HER, was the issue. I assume you know that now.

She may well have been miffed that you aren't going out much *as a couple* but throwing a screaming shit fit that you weren't there to serve her like a skivvy? Massive deal breaker. Notice the giant, flashing red flag and reassess your situation.