By Christmasloverandstuff - 25/12/2012 17:45 - United States

Today, my extended family came over for Christmas. I forgot to get a present for my extremely sensitive aunt. I took a gift from my re-gift pile and wrapped it quickly. Little did I remember that it was the same gift she gave me last year. She noticed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 900
You deserved it 42 520

Same thing different taste

Top comments

michaelaranda 28

You should have played it off like you liked her gift so much last year, you decided to get her one too for this year

saIty 17

Should have gotten her some Sensodyne toothpaste. Heard it really helps with sensitivity.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

#1 there was absolutely no thought put into it by OP

laughtersplay 14

Not getting something for a sensitive person was one mistake, but unknowingly giving them a gift that they gave you before sends off a worse message. With sensitive people especially, they perceive almost anything negatively.

The only thought OP had in mind was not getting bitched out by her aunt and it didn't work. YDI.

Your second sentence contradicted the message of your first one.

That's why you keep little tabs for a reminder.

From my perspective I need a giant billboard with everyone's names just to remember. Holidays and stuff tend to sneak up on me.

I can't regift stuff. I'm a metal head so none of my extended family really knows what to get me so they all get me iTunes money...which I promptly use...

michaelaranda 28

You should have played it off like you liked her gift so much last year, you decided to get her one too for this year

Rancor 5

I was thinlingbg the same, but if its a gender specific gift or something like that, it wouldn't work :s

22 - Are you kidding? What a ridiculous question. Of course it works.

LiterOfCola 16

Thinlingbg: you're doing it wrong.

Until she wants a picture together holding said gifts...

If you're gonna regift make sure you have a good memory. YDI.

N3766 20

How do you know it was a crap gift? Maybe OP just didn't like it...

If Timmy's dad says it was crap, then it was crap!

Maybe you should write names on the gifts in that pile to prevent this.

Obey_StudBoii 23
nycwrestler 17

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Because the aunt totally knew OP wouldn't like it.

Who said it was a good gift? Apparently, OP didn't like it, so it probably wasn't that good of a gift

There are kids who think the iPhone 4 is a bad gift ever since the iPhone 5 came out. It's all a matter to perspective.

A lot of teens have been brainwashed with the whole, newer is better mentality. They would rather have a crappy, brand name coat to use to shovel in instead of a 1 year old handmedown that is really warm because they would be ashamed to be in anything that isn't cool or fashionable because of what they see on tv or hear from friends. There are a lot unlike this too, but the ones who are, make me face palm. It's pathetic that a new phone is not good enough on its own anymore.

Hopefully it wasn't anything sharp or potentially dangerous

1dvs_bstd 41

Oh to be a fly on the wall when the rebuke takes place!