By serialkillingex - 07/05/2013 07:45 - Netherlands

Today, my ex won a writing competition. His story was inspired by our relationship. In it, I'm a serial killing prostitute. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 149
You deserved it 8 078

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh god, "serial killing prostitute." Just the sound of that makes me wince. I'm curious how the story goes... OP, tell more details, what's the name of the book?!

Did he include you in his acknowledgements? And you should ask for a signed copy while holding a knife.

Comments

challan 19

Because he was addicted to hookers you went all Jack the Ripper? C'mon OP! Kill him not the crackheads!

That's hilarious!!! Sorry OP but that is funny

That's not a prostitute. He's just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual Transylvania.

Well, you must be a very sexy man, if he had created a provocative yet deadly character after you. [=

Go be a serial killer to his bank account. Because if he did the shit without your permission it's against the law !

You must be deficient. There is in no way, shape, or form any way in which him using a past experience about his life and people he has met, is illegal for him to write about. The only way it WOULD be is if it put someone's life in danger, which this has not. By your logic most of the songs written by Taylor Swift would be illegal, as would be most poems about love written by the world's most famous poets. Not everything is illegal. I live in the United States and even I think there are too many people here that are just looking for reasons to sue.

perdix 29

#43, if the ex used the OPs real name and represented the story as non-fiction, he could be in some legal trouble, that is, of course, if the OP is NOT a serial-killing prostitute.

Inspired by indicates a certain fictional license that allows for parody and would not be illegal or any means of financial gain for said OP. Might not even be about them.

you mean 'fictional writing competition' right op?

Naw, the story's true. OPs just mad cause that's not the sort of thing you want advertised. OP - Change your appearance, move, and resume your work under an alias. And Happy Slayings!

larsak 3

Is there something you're not telling us OP?

Don't worry about it OP writers always exaggerate the truth. It's the only way to get people to actually read it. So I wouldn't take the whole serial killing prostitute thing to heart.