By both are dimwitted - 23/12/2014 18:32 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, my ex called, saying she's 3 months pregnant. She seems to have forgotten that we haven't been in the same room, much less friends, in over a year. My dimwitted wife thinks the baby is mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 485
You deserved it 4 656

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, sorry to hear that OP. Hope your wife figures it out lol

Comments

Not even close to what I said, 78. OP obviously doesn't have much respect for his wife. It's just not smart to marry someone you don't respect.

I don't know about that, 72. If it were only one comment out of exasperation than yes, that would be irrational. But a comment like that could also be a sign of an underlying lack of respect, which is a much bigger issue. Not that I'm advocating divorce - I think if they've made that commitment to each other, than they need to stick it out. But if OP doesn't respect her, she probably shouldn't have married him in the first place.

Something tells me the ex knows it's not yours, and it's not you she's targeting. Women are horrible to each other, especially when one's a dimwit

Two words: DNA test. Followed, hopefully, by an apology from your wife.

you shouldn't talk about your wife like that

itcomesinthrees 10

Hopefully it all works out. My husband's ex tried to say she was pregnant when we first started dating. They had been together before he and I ever dated so it wasn't cheating, but she was never pregnant to begin with. He asked to come over to "talk about it" then asked her to take a pregnancy test he bought. She refused, changed her story a bunch of times, then suddenly remembered that "she miscarried"..

OP could have given his wife reason not to trust him, or she could have been hurt before (a different SO cheated on her or something). Sure, I'll give my boyfriend the benefit of the doubt in most cases, but if his ex-girlfriend says she's pregnant and the baby is hers and he denies seeing her at all, I might assume that she's not that dumb (although it's obviously not true) and that he's lying about seeing her. You know, because I don't think she'd lie about something that big.