By both are dimwitted - 23/12/2014 18:32 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, my ex called, saying she's 3 months pregnant. She seems to have forgotten that we haven't been in the same room, much less friends, in over a year. My dimwitted wife thinks the baby is mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 485
You deserved it 4 656

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, sorry to hear that OP. Hope your wife figures it out lol

Comments

Why? Is he not allowed to love someone just because she isn't a rocket scientist?

rominion 11

Why is he getting down voted? Someone is always punching above there class

I mean I'd trust my SO more than my emotions getting me hot and bothered over it. I have no way of knowing, and unlike Taylor Swift, I'm not one to "get drunk on jealousy"

although i'm sure she'll figure it out, i think it'll be great if you both talk it out with each other and you guys could try to rebuild your trust.

So what you're saying is.. Is that it is completely wrong for your wife to have any doubts about this?? No matter how perfect a relationship seems, there is always a possibility that something may go wrong causing some degree of problems! So, OP? If this were a situation you were faced with, you wouldn't have a shred of doubt?? C'mon! Your wife is probably just upset about this whole situation and what she needs right now is for you to be understanding and caring!! Not for you to be calling her dimwitted on the Internet!! You don't deserve this situation, but you do deserve trust issues in your relationship if this is how you talk about your wife!! For God's Sake! Grow up!!

chances are she's not stupid and is trying to see if you are. play along for the fun of it and then dump her

i think youre a total asshole for calling her dimwitted. shes not. logical conclusion here is you cheated or shes lying. both are possible and she is NOT stupid for entertaining both thoughts. she cant know you havent seen her in a year unless youre together 100% of the time. if you did cheat obviously you would deny it. this is not where you call her stupid, you try your best to reassure her its not true if its not. in fact itd be stupid of her to NOT consider it a possibility. i trust my guy but if some chick reached out and said he got her pregnant id be quite upset at the situation alone, and of course wed have to discuss it. if he called me dimwitted for thinking its possible hed be dumped. but hes not an asshole like you so he wouldnt. if the situation were reversed and a dude called up saying he ****** your wife, would you immediately dismiss it like you expect your wife to? cause i highly doubt it.

I think the "dimwitted" part is not about his wife being suspicious but about the fact that there is no rational way it could be his baby and her assuming he cheated just based on the ex's word without any evidence. It also sounds like they already had some discussions. Sure, she can't know for sure so being suspicious is natural in this situation. But why not demand a test? All of you say he should put himself in her shoes. What about the other way around? Imagine if you didn't do anything wrong and out of the blue someone shows up, accuses you of something like that and your partner automatically assumes you're guilty. Bet you would be thrilled...