By Anonymous - 16/12/2012 05:49 - United States

Today, my ex adopted a dog from the dog pound. It was the same dog he made me get rid of while we were still together. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 612
You deserved it 8 506

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you really liked the dog, why didn't you adopt it after you broke up with him?

Wow...that's just messed up. I mean, you kinda deserve it for abandoning your pet - that's just cruel, you should've dumped the guy as soon as he seriously suggested it so it's kinda karma. The situation is still really messed up though so FYL..

Comments

YDI, there is no way in hell anyone could make me give up my dog.

florido_fml 10

You need to give up that dog asap

Were there absolutely no other options for what to do with the dog? Not keep it in the house or something like that? I won't even rate this - I feel bad for you both getting pressured like that, not having guts enough and giving in and having such an asshole for boyfriend. I also feel bad for the doggie - they really get attached to the human that owns them and should not be treated like that - they also have feelings.

YDI for abandoning your pet. That's a terrible thing to do. I hope you get reincarnated as a dog and someone abandons you, so you know what it's like to be comfortable at home one day and then be ripped out and thrown in a cage awaiting death.

YDI for choosing your boyfriend over your dog. Boyfriends come and go but dogs tend to stay by your side until the end.

maimengming 10

Talk to him about it. If he doesn't like the dog, then you're both going to be miserable and the dog will be too. It'll be living with someone who doesn't love it. Just talk to your ex about paying him back for the adoption and, if he agrees, all of you will be happier. Even if it was a bad break up, step up and big the bigger person. Your ex is just being petty.

maimengming 10

What kind of asshole...wow you're ex is slightly off. He was jealous probably. :D

This guy must be an evil genius. He sees you walking your dog in the park and decides he wants it. He becomes your boyfriend. Makes you give up the dog. Breaks up with you, and adopts him. Genius!

Wherever anyone makes you choose between them and another person, pet, or anything, you should choose the one who isn't making you choose because they clearly care more about you. If that sentence is confusing, I'm saying you should have chosen the dog. Nobody could make me give up my dogs.

I know what you mean. If they know having a pet makes you happy, then they'll just accept if. People who care about you want you to be happy.

How can someone "make" you get rid of a dog? YDI.