By Anonymous - 22/09/2015 21:54 - United Kingdom - Cardiff

Today, my daughter's 14-year-old boyfriend confessed, in front of her, that he only went out with her so he might have a chance to date me. My daughter isn't speaking to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 388
You deserved it 1 895

Same thing different taste

Top comments

embracingsilence 15

That's a pretty understandable reaction if you consider how important it is for young teenage girls to feel accepted, wanted, and desirable. So much of our society stresses that girls have no value outside of being desirable partners so a lot of girls are taught that that's what their self worth is based on. It doesn't justify her being mad at you but it does somewhat explain it. It seems like she's reacting out of hurt and lashing out at a person who will accept and love her without any ulterior motive. It often feels "safer" to take out those feelings of hurt on someone you know for sure loves you. Give her room, and then be there to support her when she's cooled off. This is one hell of a bad experience for her. What an awful and inappropriate thing for her boyfriend to say, let alone do.

Comments

I don't know why (most) girls think this way. If their guy is seeking another girl, they'll go after/be mad at the girl instead of the person who really is the problem: the guy. What kind of logic is that?! (I'm a girl saying this, btw.)

kid is immature and stupid... needs to focus on her school first... and making such an big issue about it she clearly has her priorities messed up

#53, of course the kid is immature. She's a CHILD. She's fourteen(ish)! This is probably one of the worst things that has happened to her because her life has been short. (And, it's a pretty shit thing to happen.) Some jerk of a kid used her to just get close to her damn mother. That'd hurt anyone, let alone a kid. She doesn't need to ignore everyone else in the world and focus on her damn studies 24/7. Yes, school is important, but so is forming healthy relationships and finding out both who you are and what kind of person you want to be around, both romantically (if at all) and platonic-ally (?). That's what your teen years are for.

Guys,her daughter isn't 14,the (ex)boyfriend is,we don't know what the daughters age is

LostInTheZone11 29

Well Mrs. Robinson or Jeanine Stifler might approve.

dont allow that boy to come near your daughter. he is a creep!

Let your daughter take some time to cool off and maybe when it's right, take her to the mall for some mother daughter time, maybe a little clothes shopping or a trip to her favorite store. It would make her feel better and tell her that she's better off without that boy!

thatonetribute 31

She'll get over it as soon as the next boy comes along