By Walking in a Winter Wonderland - 12/09/2016 10:51 - United States - Jupiter

Today, my dandruff got so bad that when I sneezed on the bus, it created a "blizzard" of dandruff, covering me, and two others in it. I'm now known as "Winter Wonderland". FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 332
You deserved it 2 903

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oj101 33

Hey OP! I used to have a lifelong dandruff and psoriasis problem since I was a baby. I used medicated shampoos like Head&Shoulders (zinc) and Nizoral (ketocalnzole) but they only temporarily fixed the problem for a day or 2. What really worked was washing my head with salt water (1 part Dead Sea salt, 3 parts water) and biologically active medical grade Manuka honey left on my scalp for 3 hours. Do the honey thing every day for 1 week, then once a week for 6 months thereafter. It CURED my scalp issues for good.

Comments

I heard head and shoulders do well. Definitely for me

TheyCallMeDamien 17

legitament advice: Look on bluumanns channel there are shampoos with the real dandruff stuff that don't get rid of it but fix the issue. Also try baking soda in your hair when washing and also on another day try olive oil .

danielle317 3

Good news! I'm guessing you most likely do not have dandruff. Dandruff is not white and is yellow like crusts that do not come off the scalp that easily. Try using conditioner if you are not already. If you are, try leaving it on longer or using something more moisturizing for your scalp. I am a licensed cosmetologist so I hope this helps!

You should talk to your doctor and see if you can get something prescribed for that if nothing over the counter is working.

Le_ponderer 14

Just yesterday, I started a new treatment for my flaking scalp, dandruff & hairline-hair loss issue (caused by a relaxer burn and a subsequent infection). I am on day 2 of Perfectil and Doxycycline capsules, daily Hacineal shampooing and application of Fungasol on the scalp. Don't leave it as long as I did OP, get to a dermatologist and get treated. Good luck.

Wow, I was just complaining about my own dandruff falling on my lap.

I would invest in some dandruff shampoo. ASAP. And a shower to go with it.

middlenamefrank 8

Are you sure it's dandruff? I've read that a lot of people, particularly women, just don't rinse the shampoo out of their hair adequately, and it flakes out later. My mom still insists she has dandruff even though I've seen her wash her hair in the sink, without even trying to rinse.

My mom would put 4 cups of vinegar in my hair then rinse with water. It can help