By no - 08/12/2016 14:37 - United States - New York

Today, my cat jumped out a fourth-story window when I went to pet her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 875
You deserved it 968

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If I lived that high up and wanted my windows open, I would at least put a screen up or something to keep my cats from jumping out the window. Hopefully your cat is okay OP, but I would consider getting something so you can have your windows open and keep your cat safe.

Honestly, if you live on the fourth story, I wouldn't even think you should have windows open, unless you can do it without the possibility of your cat going through.

Comments

jairienfaite 20

I really should not laugh but... just thinking of your cat jumping with a big no face and quickly regreting it's decision is kinda really funny... and very catlike.

Your cat was probably thinking "This is all that I live for? To eat processed food and have my fur stroked? **** this shit..." then jumped out then window. But in all seriousness that's terrible. Did the cat survive? If not, it has 8 more lives to escape you with.

Isa_fml 20

I hope your cat's OK. I'd consider either installing a screen or being really careful about how wide you open your windows. Cats are pretty good at squeezing into small spaces.

It's ok cats can survive up to a 5 story building fall

Shay_Shay97 23

Don't cats usually land on their feet though?

chessu 21

Yeah, the screen is probably a good idea, but that said, we used to live on 3rd floor and would every now and again have the windows fully open rather than from above. It was usually in areas where the cat didn't normally go, but every now and again she found the open window and despite being a large curious cat it was fine. They've got great balance and she just wanted to lay on the metal bit, so I don't really see it as big of an issue to have the windows open with cats. Unless, like this FML, they knowingly jump, they're not likely to fall off it. FYL tho.

all I can picture is that scene from There's Something About Mary where the dog jumps at Ben Stiller who ducks and the dog goes out the window. next scene? full body cast