By HannaMD - 26/01/2015 15:21 - Canada

Today, my cat had the bright idea of giving birth in the dryer, on top of all my new white towels. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 510
You deserved it 5 952

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Actually it sounds like the cat DID have a pretty good idea and found a soft, warm place to do it. Linens can be cleaned. At least it wasn't your couch or carpet. Congrats on the new kittens!

At least they're white so you can bleach the hell out of them!

Comments

KaywinnetLeeFrye 15

Remember folks, spay or neuter your pets.

You're more worried about your towels, than your cat?! Someone call animal protection!

Cats like to give birth in comfortable enclosed areas.. You should have known that if your cat was pregnant! Ydi for leaving the dryer open lol

It sounds like you didn't know your cat was pregnant? And why leave the dryer open with towels still in it? Cats tend to find the safest/warmest place they can to give birth. I guess you don't love your pet

I feel like you slightly deserve it. As someone with cats. If you leave your dryer open that's your own fault. There's no way there won't be a cat in there doing something.

Why was your dryer door left open and unattended with a pet? What if it got shut before you noticed the cat in there. Or the kitten. That's an extreme hazard. YDI!!

YDI big time. 1. Why is your cat not fixed? 2. The only excuses to no 1 would be that you're either a professional breeder or a foster home but since you don't seem to have a single clue about pregnant cats I don't think this applies.

middlenamefrank 8

Wash the towels, spay your cat. Very soluble problems.

Guys, this could have been a breeder. They're not horrible people, they keep breeds alive rather than the mutts that wander the streets that go to shelters. Breeds have particular traits some people want. This could be the case. Or OP could have adopted the cat already pregnant or any number of things other than simply not spaying the cat.

Lots of breeders are in it for the money, not to better the breed, and see no problem with breeding a bitch as soon as she goes on heat and every time after that. I've fostered multiple dogs that have been used for breeding for 8-12 years, and their poor bodies are wrecked. Many of these breeders don't care if parents are related, and have not carried out health or genetic tests. There are not many ethical breeders out there in comparison to the backyard breeders and puppy millers. Also, a lot of pure breds end up in shelters, not just mutts- the dog in my profile pic is from a pound, and he's a pure bred cocker spaniel.

Did I deny they exist? No. I said you don't know the story. Also: As you should be aware, owning a shelter pet, shelters spay and neuter all animals that come into their shelter if they are not already spayed or neutered. Fixed = No babies. If ALL we did was adopt shelter animals, pet animals would go extinct and all we'd be left with are ferals.