By Anonymous - 03/07/2010 04:19 - United States

Today, I fell asleep on the couch and must have rolled off. When I woke up, I noticed my braces were stuck to the rug. After frantically pulling, my mom finally sawed me off the rug with scissors. FML
I agree, your life sucks 463
You deserved it 41

Top comments

ArtIsResistance7 1

Ah, it's okay. There are times in life when it's okay to have your face buried deep in a rug. Did you get some experience out of it?

FYL_hardd 0

Yes, because we all use our teeth to make out.

Comments

well atleast ske didn't somehow rip off your braces. that wouldve really hurt

FYL_hardd 0

That's also embarassing. Haha, good thing you didn't have anyone over! ...I think.

I think you took carpet munching to litteral...

that happened to me before. braces suck.

kennyFTW3fiddy 0
kennyFTW3fiddy 0

u were carpet eating actually

I did the same thing with a glove. The only difference is that I managed to pull the bracket off when I tugged thinking the string would break. I'd say fyl butttt it looks like your railroad tracks managed to stay on your face :)

#10; pulling the brackets off isn't really too painful. It's the wire sticking out because the brackets aren't in their correct spot that kills. Easy fix at the ortho but imagine eating with a wire poking you in the back of the mouth o:

hopper5101 11

o god sorry OP that really sux. hopefully you get them off soon!

YDI for having braces but at least u didn't rip them off...that would suck so much more

OliviaNicole 5

Omg.... I know this must've sucked but holy god that's flipping hilarious. I'm sorry OP.

ohsnapp823 0
itchyballs 0

is that rug you are refering to your boyfriends pubes by any chance?

35- How would you know what her boyfriends pubes look like?

samanthadude 0

Agreed with 10. I've always wanted braces but my teeth are already straight. :P :(

lol. agree with 33. sucks, but hilarious.

Sam_13161821 0

not really an fml... stuff like that happened to me all the time when i had braces. but not to the carpet, more like my jacket haha.

bubbarific 0

in Soviet Russia, couch sleep on you!

Football_5tar_JR 0

braces suck I used to have them =/ But think about it, when you get the remaining carpet out of your brackets and they come off, You'll have perfect teeth! Unless you don't brush then you'll have stains from the cement, which is gross :)

31-stfu. you don't get to pick your teeth!

robnunzi 0

u don't saw with scissors, u cut...fail

#34 FTW means for the win. it's a nerd term. :) and hahahaahaha op that's awesome, that happened to my boyfriend when we were little, with my hair.... akward much?!?

kkamp516 10

lol that turned me on for some reason

toddin 7

Um, how the hell does anyone manage that? Even if they did get stuck I couldn't imagine not being able to pull away easily with maybe a few fibers, unless you have shag? I've never experienced getting anything too terribly stuck in my braces, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

must have had some good food in your dream to be gnawing on carpet

were you like making out with the rug then?

FYL_hardd 0

Yes, because we all use our teeth to make out.

You sure it was the type of rug that is on the floor?

ohsnapp823 0

I have braces & hate them soooo much!! so I feel for you:/ sorry

YUMMYFRENCHFRIES 16
flighted 1

thats funny. my first reaction was HAHAHAHAHAHAH

ArtIsResistance7 1

Ah, it's okay. There are times in life when it's okay to have your face buried deep in a rug. Did you get some experience out of it?

Ouch. I feel bad for you. I have braces too, and they are always in the way. Good luck! Oh, and FYL.

Ok, so your braces got stuck, but your mom cut them out without damaging you or your braces I guess... I don't see much of an fml. More like hahaha you were attatched to a rug for a few minutes.

That's the point of FML..a funny story where you would say FML because you were embarrassed or something similar. This site has gotten too serious. I like laughing at people's bad experiences. I don't go on here to feel sorry for people. I've got enough real FML in my own life that the "my dog died" ones on Here are simply depressing.

ohsnapp823 0

ya 26 stop ruining our fun with all this serious crap & just enjoy the site. is that so hard?

37: you agreed with my comment while making it sound like you don't. I was pointing out that I like enjoying the site for the goofy FMLs

Just think of how much different this FML would be if you replaced the word "sawed" with "jacked".

ohsnapp823 0

9 ohmygosh your right!! it's hilariousss!

getting Jacked off with scissors sounds rather unpleasant. I'd rather stay stuck to the carpet

navylover0419 0

that sucks hopefully the carpet was clean haha

sheribb 5