By TaffyMichele - 13/09/2012 23:38 - United States - La Verne

Today, my boyfriend told me to text him when I got home to let him know I'd made it home safe. He said if I didn't, he'd assume that aliens had abducted me and that he'd get a new girlfriend. He was completely serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 040
You deserved it 3 791

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you deserve it for actualy thinking he was completely serious.

Be glad, at least he cares if you made it home safe.

Comments

I'm sure he was serious in the matter that he wanted to know that you got home okay, be glad he cares. If he's serious enough to care about you then he's obviously kidding about finding someone else.

agonydrum 7

I'm sure that was a joke, it even sounds like something I might say

Do you know he was serious because he got a new girlfriend, or because of his tone?

acetheone 8

He now thinks you've been probed and compromised, i would.lol. FYL OP.

Maybe you should let him find a new girlfriend. I for knowing you noticed, but he's kind of a dumbass

How's he a dumbass? He's being responsible and OP is too much of an idiot to realise that he's not "totally serious" about the aliens.

I agree with the majority of comments here - he can only have been serious about making sure you got home. That's a good thing. He sounds fun _and_ responsible. That's not a common combination so I reckon you've found a winner there.

So you tested that out and he now has a new girlfriend?

He probably just didn't want OP to realise how concerned he was, and was trying to be macho. And OP is an idiot for thinking that her bf was being completely serious, when he was obviously just being sweet. My fiancé and I live 10 minutes apart, but we always text each other when we get home, just as second nature and common courtesy. I personally like to know that he's home safe, and that the siren I can hear is not for him.

Thanks, #29. You said exactly what I wanted to say.

It wasn't a kidnapping or car accident.... It was aliens!!