By Lisa - 01/10/2012 21:09 - United States - Bayside

Today, my boyfriend told me that the main reason he was dating me was because he was intimidated by pretty girls. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 070
You deserved it 2 348

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unknown_user5566 26

Tell him the only reason you're with him is because you're intimidated by big dicks. Bazinga!

Dump him. WAIT! Before you thumb me down. With that attitude, the relationship probably isn't going anywhere. So why stay in it?

Comments

KiddNYC1O 20
mayley 16

Wow, that is so mean. Ditch him, asap.

flutter4 7

That sucks, but at least he won't leave you for some bimbo in underwear shorts.

Right because god forbid she lose a winner like him. Please.

Because bimbos in underwear shorts are categorized as "pretty"

Schizomaniac 24
lardinmybum 1

Isn't every girl a bimbo in underwear nowadays? It seems like they think that the less clothing you wear, the prettier you are. Damn the modern world

^ yeah because EVERY girl is like that. Shut up and take a seat. You saying that is like me saying every guy is an idiot, because you made a stupid comment. "Damn the modern world"? Okay, grandpa.

ElishaisSexy2016 9

Short shorts don't make u a bimbo -_-

Tell him that looks fade, but intelligence lasts. Then dump him, because he's clearly not smart enough to see past your looks and appreciate you.

xxDefiantxx 0

Call him an ass-butt and molotov him with holy fire(+10 internets if you get the reference).

unknown_user5566 26

Damn kylee you're all over this posts comment section lol

And I say that in a good way cause they're all funny/smart comments :)

unknown_user5566 26

102/103- Why thank you, good sir. This is what happens when I have free time after work.

Wait wait wait, dump him? Really? Dump the guy who admitted that he isn't dating her just for her looks? Dump him because he's interested in her as a person rather than as a trophy? Sorry, but not everyone is a supermodel. He obviously has chosen to stay with you anyway.

dominic1221 6

Huh? He admitted he's only putting up with her because he can't get someone more physically attractive. Whether she should dump him is a different issue, but that's NOT what he was saying.

unknown_user5566 26

You mean I'm really not a supermodel? First my mom tells me Santa isn't real, and now this?! :'( Naw but seriously, I see what you're saying Doc. Only thing is, it does imply that OP's boyfriend was settling for her. Though it is possible that he may have fallen for her based on personality once they started dating, and stopped caring about her looks.

Dominic - sorry, but I totally disagree. My wife is no supermodel, but she's the most beautiful woman in the world to me. There's so much more to her than just her face. When I say that, that doesn't mean I am "putting up" with anything or that settled for her AT ALL. Physical attraction isn't everything. In fact, it means very little. Blind people fall in love too.

Sorry, Doc, but that's YOU. The dick in the FML is saying he IS dating her for her looks, her ugly looks, because he doesn't have the courage to be shallow and only date "pretty girls"

Uh...what? That's not how I interpreted it at all. Seems I may have read it wrong. Hmm...maybe I shouldn't have snorted so much Stevia before posting.

unknown_user5566 26

I think you should read the OP again... The main reason he's with her is because he's intimated by pretty girls. That in no way implies he's with her for her wonderful personality!

lardinmybum 1

I have to agree with Doc on this one

Finally, I now know that doc is a normal person who can also get down voted. I alway assumed he was an fml bot

SenselessPattern 12

Damn, almost every thread Doc get's downvotes on someone always comes along and says something like "Wow, DocBastard never gets downvotes!!!" when he DOES make quick and unthought out comments just like everyone else. He does it less than most people, but it honestly isn't that rare.

Also., by saying what he said, he is implying that he didn't think she was beautiful when he first spotted her. Even if he did fall for her personality afterwards, people deserve someone who thinks they are the most gorgeous person when they meet them. Regardless of how they actually may look.

That's exactly what I was thinking. He was honest about it at least. AND he said it was the main reason not the only reason. Thank you Doc for being the only one on here that is reasonable.

I think physical attraction counts for a lot but it's not only about the look. It's also about the way the person touches you and simply behaves around you. You could be attracted to someone even though they're not supermodels and also see a really good looking person and not be attracted at all. I don't know about you guys but I feel like the more I love someone, the more I find them good looking :) nice people always look better, no?

the_anti_hipster 7

34--you mean SANTA'S NOT REAL?! My whole life is a lie! Now, where did my unicorn go....

MrBond007_fml 6

I seriously agree with doc. Allow me to explain. I have found that I am subconsciously more attracted to less than gorgeous girls. Don't get me wrong a physically attractive woman, is well, physically attractive, but if that's all they have to offer they quickly become unattractive to me. On the other hand less than gorgeous women ( I refuse to call them ugly, no woman is ugly to me) can quickly become extremely attractive once you get to know there personality and see all of the other things they have to offer. My girl isn't the most beautiful girl in the world, or even the most beautiful girl I know, by a long shot... Physically speaking. I'm not blind, I know that, but she is the most beautiful girl in the world for me, because of who she is as a person, no Victoria's secrete model could ever give me half what my girl dose. There is someone for everyone. That being said, op's boyfriend is still an ass hole for putting it that way. There are much sweeter ways of telling a girl you appreciate more than her looks. Man... That was a long comment

Hm. Interesting perspectives on this thread. What I'm so surprised and happy to see is that we had a dialogue on an FML comment thread without it degenerating into name calling and cursing. I feel like such a proud parent right now. *sniff* No I am NOT crying! I just got something in my eye!

18- First time I ever agreed with you. OP is taking it as an insult. You don't have to find someone the most attractive person on earth to date them.

He's saying he's intimidated by pretty girls which probably means that if he wasn't, he would go for them instead of his actual girlfriend. It's like "fat" chicks insulting girls who dress sexy but start dressing up as ***** as soon as they lose weight. In both situations, you are good but only because you can't act bad. There's nothing more hypocrite than that.

DocBastard, lolll it's okay I guess we can't all see it the same way. It's true that men can sometimes be clumsy with words but we got a real winner here. We won't know what he was thinking unless we ask him.

npc2009 5

Did not see the analogy here. Intimidated by pretty girls is definitely a psychological disorder rooted in lack of confidence but still still covet.

Well, he'll be scared of all girls after you ad your friends beat the shit outta him!

debbster7 18

You should say, "what a coincidence? So am I." And then then dump him.

unknown_user5566 26

That would work, except OP being intimidated by pretty girls would make no difference, since she's dating a guy. ;)

13- From the few comments that you've just posted, I doubt you will ever receive a diploma, nevertheless write one...