By Anonymous - 07/07/2014 01:27 - United States - Sandston

Today, my boyfriend said that he doesn't have to marry me because we coincidentally have the same last name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 751
You deserved it 5 636

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He can still marry you, but you don't get the hassle of changing your name on driving licence, bank cards etc. That's brilliant!

"You know that means I can't kiss you, because we have the same last name and that would be incest"

Comments

I hope you're not related (jk), he should still marry you if that's what you want.

Well he should marry her if that's what he wants too

Having the same last name is not sufficient reason not to get married, it will just ease the need to do a change of name and other documentation related issues.

It seems to me it would be more convenient to get married with the same last name. Looks like he is searching for a reason not to commit.

Have fun explaining to him that there's more to a marriage than the surname change, all those legal benefits and such.

People hide behind the strangest logic

Plot twist: you live in a Mexican soap opera. Somewhere in the first 100-200 episodes right about now. It's about to start getting intense.

So, he is her dead brother that she did not know about due to her accident that gave her amnesia. Meanwhile, Our Lady has resurrected him to seek revenge against the person that killed him. He does not know they are siblings since he is technically dead, and dead people do not have memories?

He's not a keeper. But I can see his point. Which is totally not a good point at all. Most men just don't want to get married . Good luck.

And there isn't a damn thing wrong with not wanting to get married. Sure, some people have commitment issues, but there's also the entire legal process that is such an obscene hassle. Don't be such a dink, man. If anything, OPs man-toy could have been cracking a joke.

your boyfriend sounds kind of lame.. I think it would be cool to be dating and have the same last name

Well you have been trying out his last name for your entire life...still marriage wouldn't be a bad idea