By confusedandnowsingle - 28/06/2013 12:23 - Finland - Espoo

Today, my boyfriend's proposal speech somehow ended with him breaking up with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 662
You deserved it 4 315

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rachiebuger101 8

That's one of the most messed up things I've ever heard. I'm so sorry OP

are you sure it was a proposal speech in the first place and not just a really long weird breakup speech?

Comments

i think in the midst of explaining why he loves you, he found reasons why he doesnt. He should've thought it through so he wouldn't look like a douche.

josebaseball11 14

Aaron Hernandez should call this guy up. If he can convince himself out of a marriage proposal, just think what he could convince a jury out of.

I guess he decided to forgo the expensive wedding followed by the expensive divorce.

How the **** does that happen? Guy must have an incredible way with words.

perdix 29

#16, "Darling, I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me? Bazinga!" That's how it's done ;)

nobody likes a good big bang theory reference?

perdix 29

#62, maybe I should have gone with "Psych!"

Unfortunately, sometimes this happens. Maybe during the proposal your boyfriend realised he was scared of commitment and decided the best way to deal with it was to break up with you. It could have been a quick decision that he will regret later after some thought. Or if he doesn't, I'm sorry and hope you will find that perfect someone in the future :)

So sorry but at least you don't have to be with someone who has no idea what they want.

I imagine this as, "will you marry me, (a whole bunch of mushy words) but I don't think we can be together." Or op's bf just really has no clue what he truly wants...

im trying to picture the situation. was it in a public place? was the family invited to witness it ? did he have a ring then take it back? either way that sucks OP. I could understand if he decided he wasn't ready but to break up with you all together.....really?

How does one respond to that proposal?

Boyfriend: Honey, I love you, and want to spend the rest of my life with you... *30 minutes later* ...and that stupid ***** mother of yours won't leave me alone! We're done! So long, bitch! I want to call your boyfriend a douche and sympathize, but I didn't get enough out of that 13 word FML to be able to appropriately pass judgement. FYL for being dumped at your proposal, but maybe it was justified. Maybe.

I guess someone didnt prepare enough. Sorry for you OP.