By confusedandnowsingle - 28/06/2013 12:23 - Finland - Espoo

Today, my boyfriend's proposal speech somehow ended with him breaking up with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 662
You deserved it 4 315

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rachiebuger101 8

That's one of the most messed up things I've ever heard. I'm so sorry OP

are you sure it was a proposal speech in the first place and not just a really long weird breakup speech?

Comments

You should have given him the classic Billy Madison quote: "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul."

OP you need to comment back because I have to know how that happens! How does a proposal speech end in breaking up? "Baby you make me so happy and I want to spend the rest of my life with you; except I don't like this, this or that. Come to think of it I don't really like you much. I'm thinking maybe we should see other people."

nitrog100 21

That sounds like Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personified.

Something happened during that speech to change his mind. Did you keep interrupting him or point out that he needed to propose a different way? Ex: "Hey! Where's my ring and why aren't you on bent knees?!" Etc. . .

tj5810 21

Original Poster: The author of the FML

tj5810 21

"I want to tell you that I love you because I--...well, I love you because...uhh, uhm...you know what? **** it, can't do this. I'll be out of our place by Monday."

Are you SURE it was a proposal speech and not like what happened on Legally Blonde?