By songbird062 - 01/06/2013 16:14 - Cambridge

Today, my boyfriend of two years, whom I supported through the death of his father, and whose invalid mother I also took care of, suddenly dumped me. The fact that I've put on a little weight due to recent stress disgusts him, and he "can't date a chubster". FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 612
You deserved it 6 444

songbird062 tells us more.

songbird062 6

Hi guys! (Sort of) OP here. This isn't actually exactly what happened, because someone copied my original FML, altered it slightly and the resubmitted it as their own. When I say "altered it slightly", I mean they changed 18 months to two years, and left out the part about his brother dying as well, apart from that, it's basically word for word identical. It was credited to me after I noticed and reported it. He did say that he'd be willing to reconsider after some time apart, but I sure as hell am not going back there again. And for those who are asking about my weight, I gained 2kg, or approximately 4 pounds for our friends using imperial measurements. I'm around 70kg (150 pounds), which, for my height of 5 foot 9, is perfectly healthy. So no, I am not at all obese.

Top comments

Some people are just shallow. However you sound like a really good person and I hope you find someone that deserves you.

hunteryager 18

What a prick. That's just really shallow of him.

Comments

jem970 19

That is awful. How can someone be so shallow and cruel? You helped him with his grief and his mother! I feel your pain, I am a stressful-gainer as well. You deserve better and you will find better I am sure. You have a great personality and have a lot of heart. Don't let him get you down.

KingCeltic77 18

You can lose weight, but he'll still be a needle-dicked coward. You don't need him OP. He doesn't deserve you.

Ill punch his stupid ******* face for you!

And from all the 410 "people" you starting to wonder why they all clicked she deserves it#Smh

What fucktard! Seeing as how he also used you as nurse aide for his mom, I would go back and track your hours you spent caring for her and send him a bill. Most home health aides make 15/ hr :)

Just because she helped out doesn't mean it was in a medical way. Could have been doing laundry and making meals when mom was too sick to do it herself.

Lili_love 14

clearly he is not as dedicated as you, typical man. But hey, at least you learned that before it escalated to stage 2 right? Sorry to break it to you but they're all the same, OP

What he did was very mean, and I don't condone the way he handled the situation. However, if he wasn't happy with you and he didn't love you for who you were it would have been way more cruel of him to lead you on any longer. He did what was best for you ultimately. You will find someone else who appreciates who you are. No worries. Also, to all the people saying he's a jerk, you're full of it. Sure he dumped her for a shallow reason, but it is far batter than cheating on her or leading her on.

warriorkalia 3

I have to mildly disagree with you there... I agree if he truly wasn't in love with her, then it should have ended; however, his excuse for breaking up with her is really shallow. If in fact it was for a different reason, then he should have so.

It's not like his only options were dump her or cheat. There's also the option of not being a shallow douchecanoe and sticking with her while she works through HER stress and needs for once.

Yeah, but if he didn't truly love her, why lead her on? I would never stay with somebody I didn't actually care about. Not only are you hurting them in the long run, but you're hurting yourself. It would have been far worse of him to stay with her for now knowing he didn't actually care, and doing something later on. It saved her time, and she can find someone else. His reason may have shallow, but he did what was best for the situation and they are both better off.

Emily062611 6

There's no need to be rude, either - you don't have to call someone chubby to break up Witt them. I think he's a shallow jerk and doesn't deserve her. The whole "at least he didn't cheat" doesn't fly either - it'd be like someone hitting you for no reason and saying "at least I didn't kill you!"

I disagree- I still think he's a jerk. It sounds like she somewhat sacrificed her own well being in order to assist him and his mother in their time of need. If that directly resulted in her putting on a few pounds and he used that as the reason for dumping her, that makes him a jerk.

kikimonole 13

Oh, wow! OP, if he tries to get you to take him back, don't do it. It sounds unfair to not give him another chance, but breaking up over something so shallow as gaining a little weight? No, that just isn't right!

I am so sorry.. I hope you find someone who treats you right. You sound like a sweetheart.