By songbird062 - 01/06/2013 16:14 - Cambridge

Today, my boyfriend of two years, whom I supported through the death of his father, and whose invalid mother I also took care of, suddenly dumped me. The fact that I've put on a little weight due to recent stress disgusts him, and he "can't date a chubster". FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 612
You deserved it 6 444

songbird062 tells us more.

songbird062 6

Hi guys! (Sort of) OP here. This isn't actually exactly what happened, because someone copied my original FML, altered it slightly and the resubmitted it as their own. When I say "altered it slightly", I mean they changed 18 months to two years, and left out the part about his brother dying as well, apart from that, it's basically word for word identical. It was credited to me after I noticed and reported it. He did say that he'd be willing to reconsider after some time apart, but I sure as hell am not going back there again. And for those who are asking about my weight, I gained 2kg, or approximately 4 pounds for our friends using imperial measurements. I'm around 70kg (150 pounds), which, for my height of 5 foot 9, is perfectly healthy. So no, I am not at all obese.

Top comments

Some people are just shallow. However you sound like a really good person and I hope you find someone that deserves you.

hunteryager 18

What a prick. That's just really shallow of him.

Comments

I'm sure he thinks he can do better. He won't though. Sorry op..

How can someone's mother, or anyone, be "invalid"?

invalid and invalid are spelled the same, but pronounced differently. The invalid she is talking about here means that his mother can't actually take care of herself because she is too sick to do so on her own. Expand your vocabulary my friend. If you don't know such simple words you need to read more books.

My vocabulary is just fine. Perhaps you should work on your grammar skills, because without that your great vocabulary is useless!

Clearly, your vocabulary is NOT just fine, since you had to ask that question ...

"Work on your grammar skills"? The guy missed one capital letter and one comma. That's easy to do when you type quickly.

Thats terrible. You deserve much better than that!!!

babegirlprecious 12

Don't worry He's gonna b singing I WANT U BACK! Hahaha

That is disgusting. You're better off without him. He'll soon realise how he lost the best thing to happen to him.

how much exactly is a little weight to you? just saying you have to look at everyone's view points every once in a while.

When she did all of that for him, and you break up with her for gaining weight, that person's point of view is invalid. Btw she only gained four pounds

So he basically just used you to get through his own shit and dropped you for no good reason. People are so awful. OP you sound like a good person, I'm sure you'll find someone who deserves your time no problem.

Oh my god. Is this serious? I would punch him in the balls. I'm so sorry for you, OP. Get a nicer boyfriend who deserves you.

You sound like a very loving and wonderful person. As hard as it is may seem now this is for the best. You deserve someone much better than this asshole who will respect and reciprocate your kind nature. Best of luck finding that lucky guy.