By songbird062 - 01/06/2013 16:14 - Cambridge

Today, my boyfriend of two years, whom I supported through the death of his father, and whose invalid mother I also took care of, suddenly dumped me. The fact that I've put on a little weight due to recent stress disgusts him, and he "can't date a chubster". FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 611
You deserved it 6 444

songbird062 tells us more.

songbird062 6

Hi guys! (Sort of) OP here. This isn't actually exactly what happened, because someone copied my original FML, altered it slightly and the resubmitted it as their own. When I say "altered it slightly", I mean they changed 18 months to two years, and left out the part about his brother dying as well, apart from that, it's basically word for word identical. It was credited to me after I noticed and reported it. He did say that he'd be willing to reconsider after some time apart, but I sure as hell am not going back there again. And for those who are asking about my weight, I gained 2kg, or approximately 4 pounds for our friends using imperial measurements. I'm around 70kg (150 pounds), which, for my height of 5 foot 9, is perfectly healthy. So no, I am not at all obese.

Top comments

Some people are just shallow. However you sound like a really good person and I hope you find someone that deserves you.

hunteryager 18

What a prick. That's just really shallow of him.

Comments

Wow what a douche! I'm sure you'll find someone who'll appreciate you!

SirTalkaton 22

What a douchebag. Sorry OP, sounds like you're a pretty good catch and someone will realize how lucky they are. Until then, tell this db to kick rocks.

Congratulations OP! You found out what a lousy jerk this guy is and that he is not good enough to spend your life with. Would have been awful to spend 10 years (or 30!) with someone who is capable of being such an ass. (I have been reading FML for over a year and finally today signed up an account so I could leave this comment for you. You deserve so much better.)

imtooshy 18

What a total jerk. Hope you meet a great guy.

Phoebe_Buffay 14

What a dick. Don't think of it as a loss. You're way better off, OP.

Sounds like he was just using you. You deserve better.

life_sucks225 13

why in the world would she **** someone so shallow?

larryb1986 9

Get with a guy who isn't such a shallow tiny dicked bastard.

SwtCherryPie 26

It may be hard now, but it time you will see you are better off without him.