By songbird062 - 01/06/2013 16:14 - Cambridge

Today, my boyfriend of two years, whom I supported through the death of his father, and whose invalid mother I also took care of, suddenly dumped me. The fact that I've put on a little weight due to recent stress disgusts him, and he "can't date a chubster". FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 612
You deserved it 6 444

songbird062 tells us more.

songbird062 6

Hi guys! (Sort of) OP here. This isn't actually exactly what happened, because someone copied my original FML, altered it slightly and the resubmitted it as their own. When I say "altered it slightly", I mean they changed 18 months to two years, and left out the part about his brother dying as well, apart from that, it's basically word for word identical. It was credited to me after I noticed and reported it. He did say that he'd be willing to reconsider after some time apart, but I sure as hell am not going back there again. And for those who are asking about my weight, I gained 2kg, or approximately 4 pounds for our friends using imperial measurements. I'm around 70kg (150 pounds), which, for my height of 5 foot 9, is perfectly healthy. So no, I am not at all obese.

Top comments

Some people are just shallow. However you sound like a really good person and I hope you find someone that deserves you.

hunteryager 18

What a prick. That's just really shallow of him.

Comments

Your solution is simple: publicly humiliate him!

myalterego2 8

Don't worry sweetheart there are plenty of guys out there that prefer a little meat on the bones, myself included!

songbird062 6

Hi guys! (Sort of) OP here. This isn't actually exactly what happened, because someone copied my original FML, altered it slightly and the resubmitted it as their own. When I say "altered it slightly", I mean they changed 18 months to two years, and left out the part about his brother dying as well, apart from that, it's basically word for word identical. It was credited to me after I noticed and reported it. He did say that he'd be willing to reconsider after some time apart, but I sure as hell am not going back there again. And for those who are asking about my weight, I gained 2kg, or approximately 4 pounds for our friends using imperial measurements. I'm around 70kg (150 pounds), which, for my height of 5 foot 9, is perfectly healthy. So no, I am not at all obese.

songbird062 6

Also, thank you to everyone for your kind words of support. I'm definitely going to try harder to avoid douchebags like him next time.

I just REALLY want to junk-punch your ex-boyfriend.

Who the hell even notices a four pound difference?!

2kg? Wow...I gain and lose more across the year due to my thyroid problems and I can't see much of a difference. I'm sorry what happened (also why did someone steal the fml. Da ****?) and I really hope you find someone worth your time but since you seem to be a nice and caring person I'm sure you'll meet that one along the run :)

Pandamonia88 9

I'm 6ft and male and weigh less than that :p jk though ur not fat, I'm surprised anyone can tell 4lb difference. good for you for not going back p.s. we use imperial in the UK :p

I'm from the UK and I use metric.... :P just saying, not everyone in the UK uses imperial!! And OP, I weigh 70kg, and I'm about 6 inches shorter than you, and I'm still only considered 'curvy', your ex must be into anorexics to think that you're 'chubby'!! good luck with the future :)

I personally find curvy girls the best :)

I'm 6 foot, 62 KG AND I'm a guy. So who bloody cares if you're fat. Fat people are the best anyway.

You can lose or gain 4lbs on a scale in a day just due to fluctuations in water and food in the body. Your ex is an idiot.

Wow, sorry to break it to you OP but I'm your height, a guy and weigh over a stone less than you..

155, That's surprising considering the size of your head. Besides, nobody likes skin and bones. You're a douchebag. OP, you've made a great decision to not go back to him. You are not at all fat, and even if you were, you need someone who love you through thick and thin. AND, appreciate what a beautiful person you are on the inside as well.

What an asshole, glad you are going to try harder :) you probably are good looking too so it'll be easy ;p

Uhm, how is it big-headed to provide an empirical counter-example? I'm not boasting: I don't consider myself especially skinny. (Though I concede that makes it worse for OP). Sure her boyfriend was an ass. Colossally ungrateful. But are we supposed to pretend that she's not "a chubster" just because he's ungrateful?

161: She isn't "a chubster". She is at a perfectly healthy weight for her height. Her BMI is practically in the middle of the healthy/normal weight category.

Idk where you're from, but where I'm from, a person at OP's height and weight would be considered healthy, and probably on the lower side of a healthy weight. You came off as conceited. I don't have to the"pretend she's not a chubster" because she's not.

Pandamonia88 9

I think you need to hit the gym enty ;)

Apathetic_Alan 2

I am glad we know the story now. you deserve better!

xundria 5

155: I'm 5'7" and weigh ~157lbs... and I'm by no means "chubby" so... what the hell are you going on about again?

kikimonole 13

What the heck, 150? What a jerk. O.o

@161: Because she isn't a chubster by definition. Those stats would put her BMI at 21.6, which is even under the ideal value. Although BMI is indeed only a rough indication, and should not be taken as hard law, her value isn't even close to anything chubby.

You may not be skinny but you obviously have no muscle mass as well.

that douchenozzle doesn't deserve you of he's that shallow.

He's a douchenozzle, I'm glad you're not going back to that.

My wannabe gym rat wife notices the gains, ignores the losses of weight. So, yes, there are prior that notice.

Least he didn't dump you after realizing he was gay. My day sucked. -_-

Same happened to a friend of mine, but he didn't dump her, she dumped him, when she found out he had two secret relationships with men going on while being in their "official" relationship of 3 years. His reason was his father being very intolerant. But that doesn't make it better, also because now she doesn't know about his feelings at the start of their relationship. If he was sure he was gay by then it adds some extra mean...we will never know.

#103 that's actually really terrible! The possibility of being lied to for 3 years. Wow.

What's wrong with having a gay best friend, 178? My best friend is bi and I love her to death, even more so because it means she is strong enough to stand up for what she believes in.

Tell him unless he wants to end up in a coffin doing the permanent Macarena then I suggest he goes to the bathroom and fixes himself because bob the builder took a look at your face and said I CAN'T FIX IT

beneathitallxx 15

I'm sorry you had to go through that, no one likes to be told they're gaining weight. you're better off without him! At least now you can be stress free.

Most guys just don't seem to appreciate the good girls anymore.

dour2 2

Ydi for getting fat piggy