By songbird062 - 01/06/2013 16:14 - Cambridge

Today, my boyfriend of two years, whom I supported through the death of his father, and whose invalid mother I also took care of, suddenly dumped me. The fact that I've put on a little weight due to recent stress disgusts him, and he "can't date a chubster". FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 612
You deserved it 6 444

songbird062 tells us more.

songbird062 6

Hi guys! (Sort of) OP here. This isn't actually exactly what happened, because someone copied my original FML, altered it slightly and the resubmitted it as their own. When I say "altered it slightly", I mean they changed 18 months to two years, and left out the part about his brother dying as well, apart from that, it's basically word for word identical. It was credited to me after I noticed and reported it. He did say that he'd be willing to reconsider after some time apart, but I sure as hell am not going back there again. And for those who are asking about my weight, I gained 2kg, or approximately 4 pounds for our friends using imperial measurements. I'm around 70kg (150 pounds), which, for my height of 5 foot 9, is perfectly healthy. So no, I am not at all obese.

Top comments

Some people are just shallow. However you sound like a really good person and I hope you find someone that deserves you.

hunteryager 18

What a prick. That's just really shallow of him.

Comments

That shouldn't mean anything...well all go through stress periods and the weight gain eventually disappears...(well in my case I have a back door plan XP)....but still I think he'll come back...

Well OP, anyone is entitled to dump somebody they don't want to be with but considering your history, it's pretty sad that he didn't have the respect or guts to do it properly. 2kgs is definitely not the reason why he did it.

Your ex is an asshole! Your better off without him by far!!

Bigfabthetruth52 22

Don't think I've ever heard of a bigger asshole.

Once you've gotten out of your stressful position, you should hit the gym like crazy so next time you see him your like Megan fox meets nicki minaj meets female Olympian who then meets a victoria secrets model. Just totally ignore him if he tries to hit on you, and maybe quote him on you being a "chubster" (though I don't you actually are)

That sucks, OP. I just find it weird how you dated him for so long and never realized he was such a jerk.

That asshole doesnt deserve a girl like you.. Dont even think of him or allow him to make you feel miserable. Youre beautiful and amazing and u deserve someone much better than your ******** x boyfriend.

You deserve a wonderful man who loves and respects you. It's what's on the inside that counts.

those are the kind kf guy's that are making difficult for guy's like me to go out with a girl

Best you find out now how much of a **** he is because it gets anymore serious, but my heart goes out for you. Sorry... :/