By songbird062 - 01/06/2013 16:14 - Cambridge

Today, my boyfriend of two years, whom I supported through the death of his father, and whose invalid mother I also took care of, suddenly dumped me. The fact that I've put on a little weight due to recent stress disgusts him, and he "can't date a chubster". FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 612
You deserved it 6 444

songbird062 tells us more.

songbird062 6

Hi guys! (Sort of) OP here. This isn't actually exactly what happened, because someone copied my original FML, altered it slightly and the resubmitted it as their own. When I say "altered it slightly", I mean they changed 18 months to two years, and left out the part about his brother dying as well, apart from that, it's basically word for word identical. It was credited to me after I noticed and reported it. He did say that he'd be willing to reconsider after some time apart, but I sure as hell am not going back there again. And for those who are asking about my weight, I gained 2kg, or approximately 4 pounds for our friends using imperial measurements. I'm around 70kg (150 pounds), which, for my height of 5 foot 9, is perfectly healthy. So no, I am not at all obese.

Top comments

Some people are just shallow. However you sound like a really good person and I hope you find someone that deserves you.

hunteryager 18

What a prick. That's just really shallow of him.

Comments

You can find someone SOOOO much better.

CVTTRVN 19

Slap him . In the face . With a brick

Easy fix. Quit whining and lose some weight.

DorkAlert 10

Wanna go on a date with me?

The fact that you took care of his mother and helped him cope with the death of his father is honorable, but if he is over your relationship, that won't keep him. You should feel happy with yourself for doing those things, it doesn't matter what he did in the long run.

fakkumairaifu 14

Does being an asshole apologist make you happy?

I don't think 32 was excusing his behavior, just saying that OP is a good person and she's better off without him. No point begging someone to stick around if they aren't into it anymore.

this just happened to me. except we had been dating 3+ years and I put on weight from the birth control shot he pushed me to get. I feel your pain OP.

I'm sure his mother appreciated you even if he didn't.

HopeEndlessly 6

Even though your ex won't return the favor, his parents appreciate the love you gave his family. Your effort was not in vain, although it may not have hit the intended target.

you don't need someone like that especially if they don't realize and appreciate things you do for them you can do better!!! they're not worth your time