By thatsnotmyname - 03/07/2014 03:12 - United States - Calhoun City

Today, my boyfriend of a couple of weeks mixed up my name with his ex wife's name. After he said it, he looked at me and said, "You knew it was going to happen." FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 034
You deserved it 7 799

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It was bound to happen. It's only a couple of weeks. Unless he still has feelings for her I wouldn't worry about it.

Well of course it was going to happen - he was married to her. So he's used to saying that name when he's talking to his significant other - it's habit. And you've only been together a few weeks. If he's constantly saying it or still doing it a couple months down the road, or during sex, then you can worry about it a little. And even if it was during sex - once is a silly mistake - if it keeps happening, then give it a little thought.

Comments

supersquirel500 10

its only been a couple weeks with you. but its been a much longer time with his ex wife. give it time.

I think the boyfriend was trying to be funny and make light of an embarrassing moment. People really need to get over themselves and lighten up. This is the worst thing you can complain about? Not even a blip on the radar!

Give him a chance it's only been a couple of weeks. Sometimes when my cat's being annoying I accidentally shout my ex's name in a sharp voice haha.

He'll get it right eventually I think many of us have done that before

He shouldn't have said that. I'm mildly impressed he did and you still call him "my boyfriend" and not ex. He was married to that name, lived with that name, spoke that name and probably even screamed that name passionately for a long time. I don't think this warrants an fml. It's more like a first world problem. Also, a nickname-pronoun like baby, babe, sweetly, etc would solve this problem across the board. That way he doesn't have to think before he speaks. It's very effective on many levels.

Ah don't worry about it. People do it all the time. My brother's name for me has pretty much permanently been changed to "Heath-Sydney" because of his ex-girlfriend Heather who he's still really close with. What he said was stupid but I don't blame him for accidentally calling you someone else's name.

avila_boy22 12

it was an ex-wife, someone u wake up w/ (almost) everyday, a change like that takes time, but damn really?

squarecircles 13

That's actually a pretty common mistake. You've only been dating two weeks. Give it time...