By bg4545 - 24/03/2016 03:39 - United States - Whittier

Today, for some reason that is unknown to me, I accidentally referred to my girlfriend as "my ex-girlfriend." To her face. Needless to say, my statement became true afterwards. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 455
You deserved it 18 573

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CheekyRaccoon 27

Your parents never told you this, you can predict the future. It's not like a fortune teller that looks in to a crystal ball, but more like what you say has a 99.91% chance of happening. Please use your new found powers wisely.

She didn't ask for an explanation? Needless to say a slip of the tongue didn't help...

Comments

She didn't ask for an explanation? Needless to say a slip of the tongue didn't help...

I'm guessing she DID, but OP just couldn't come up with a satisfactory answer beyond "Um, I... Uh..."

One of the unluckiest Freudian slips I've ever heard. FYL OP.

cutiepie292929 18

A Freudian slip is something ur thinking subconsciously. So then he must have wanted her to be his ex...therefore not a Freudian slip since it looks like he wanted to be with her

CheekyRaccoon 27

Your parents never told you this, you can predict the future. It's not like a fortune teller that looks in to a crystal ball, but more like what you say has a 99.91% chance of happening. Please use your new found powers wisely.

You should've thought about what you were going to say before you said it. But at least try to give her an explanation. Sorry OP!

It sounds like she wanted to do it in the first place. An opportunist I must say.

That's awful, but in a way maybe it was a good thing because I think that was a pretty big overreaction on her part. If you tried to explain and apologize and she didn't listen, that's a problem with her. Sometimes words get mixed up and you accidentally slip up. If my boyfriend did that to me, I'd be taken aback, but I wouldn't break up with him, I'd just ask for an explanation.

She probably thought he was breaking up with her in a douchey way

No kidding words sometimes get mixed up - I'm so used to talking about my boyfriend when referring to him that when talking about myself I accidentally called myself his boyfriend too! but he didn't dump me nor force me to go through a sex change so...

bearkoda 11

my boyfriend has done that a few times. I always respond with "did you forget to break up with me" with a raised eyebrow. Always laugh it off, your ex is weird