By Anonymous - 30/09/2015 15:08 - United Kingdom - Paisley

Today, my boyfriend of 8 years moved in with two other women. He's spent the past 2 years telling me he can't afford to move out of his parent's house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 984
You deserved it 2 591

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess that means you have to move in with 3 men now.

Rocket___Candy 24

Man OP that's rough, just try to keep your chin up and have a good talk with this so called "boyfriend" of yours!

Comments

maybe they're just sugar mamas and mean nothing to him

As i am reading this FML I am watching the movie other women

Great Movie!!! Lets hope that OP isn't going to be the other Woman!!!

OP didn't say he left her, just that he moved in with two women. I interpret that as they're still dating (but probably in a rough spot now).

He might have just recently saved up enough money to move out. I'm guessing you're in your early to mid 20's if him moving out is more concerning than him living with his parents. So maybe he's just not ready to move in with you yet. 8 years sounds like a really long time, but depending on your ages it might not be.

Expenses divided by 3, any benefits I wonder

So you've been asking him to move out of his parents' house for two years and he finally did? Sounds like a good thing. He's probably been saving up, and having two roommates makes it significantly more affordable. My husband lived with two women when we met and started dating, and then again with two different women a couple of years later. People can live in the same house without having sex.

Thank god there is a woman out there that understands this!!! You're husband made a good choice! And yes, maybe he got two roomies because it saved him a lot of money splitting it 3 ways, the sex of the room mates shouldn't matter. And yes 8yrs is a long time, but depending on your age doesn't mean you two should move in together.

I think it's safe to assume they're at least in their early to mid twenties if they've been together eight years, and I don't see the problem with moving in together at that age, if it's what you want to do. I moved in with my boyfriend when I was 21.

But it sounds like this boyfriend knew she wanted to live with him. He could've asked her and another woman to be roommates.

lexieLS 2

What? No, a roommate is always just a roommate. You don't have sex with roommates, and having you gf/bf as a roommate is probably not a good idea if you're not ready to move in with him/her.

Sounds like you should have a very serious talk with him. He may just be thinking money-wise, but that is most certainly not the way to go about it, especially if it hasn't been discussed between the two of you beforehand (which I'm assuming it hasn't been since its an FML post). You should make things clear and sort it all out asap.

Boyfriend of 8 years?? Afraid of commitment?

How is that being afraid of commitment? As far as the FML goes they are still together. We are also only hearing one side of it. OP's Boyfriend may have saved just enough money to be able to live with two other roommates. 8yrs is a long long time to be together and maybe just maybe he is not ready to live with OP just yet. He just got out of his Parents home. Also the Sex of his roommate's should not matter if there is trust and the only reason he moved in with 2 roommate's is because that is how he can current afford it. That is what I am hoping is happening. OP sit down and have a long conversation with you man and let him know that you are upset and you wanted you two to move in. Give him a chance to explain but go in to the conversation with a open mind and heart!! Good luck to you and give a Follow up!! I think we all want to know his reasoning behind his decision!

juturnaamo 29

I think opting to keep the state out of it is more common in the U.K. Also, for all we know they have been dating since 12, and OP started asking him to move in together at 18.

bobsanction 18

If he's willing to stay in a relationship for 8 years, I'd say that's a solid commitment.

lexieLS 2

Exactly what I was thinking. I see everyone freaking out in here for no apparent reason ^^

RedPillSucks 31

he's just a jigaloe and every where he goes people know the part he's playing.