By lonely - 11/01/2016 21:04 - United States - Twin Falls

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me. Whilst browsing the web, I clicked on an ad that said "How to Get Your Ex Back in a Day". Now I am single and have a computer virus. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 273
You deserved it 22 580

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Those exploitative ads will get you when you're most vulnerable. When my cat died, I clicked on one that said "Reanimate Dead Animals With This One Weird Trick" and sure enough, I got a virus. Not a computer virus… it just wasn't a particularly sanitary trick.

Everyone knows those things are scams. YDI

Comments

sucks you broke up. but ydi getting a virus. never click on adds. EVER.

Believe me, I've gotten plenty of viruses from clicking on those ads. The rule of thumb is to never click them, no matter how tempting they may seem. They're usually just clickbait.

I been there it's ok u will find someone else special soon

I'm sorry that he broke up with you, but you should've known better than to click on those pop up ads..

Those ads usually turn up after you google for related terms. You were doing that, weren't you?

It can be activated if she changes her Facebook status. I do a lot of procurement for my job, and I get ads coming through my Facebook feed all the time for industrial equipment. Advertising has become creepy.

I'm sorry about your relationship but you still deserve is for clicking that ad... It should've been obvious that it would catch a virus from that.

Well, if you didn't see that coming... YDI.

Quick, OP! A Nigerian prince wants to give you his fortune because you are his last relative! Send him your bank info now!