By lonely - 11/01/2016 21:04 - United States - Twin Falls

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me. Whilst browsing the web, I clicked on an ad that said "How to Get Your Ex Back in a Day". Now I am single and have a computer virus. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 273
You deserved it 22 580

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Those exploitative ads will get you when you're most vulnerable. When my cat died, I clicked on one that said "Reanimate Dead Animals With This One Weird Trick" and sure enough, I got a virus. Not a computer virus… it just wasn't a particularly sanitary trick.

Everyone knows those things are scams. YDI

Comments

OP, If you go in a circle you will never move forward. As for your computer, try Malwarebytes. :)

Breakups are hard, and they suck. your life sucks for that part. I did have to vote both though because those ads are always scammy. hopefully the virus will be easy enough to take care of!

theamazingd 17

Sorry about the breakup! FYL, those almost always suck. But YDI on that virus for clicking on an ad. Get Malwarebytes, run your antivirus, CCleaner couldn't hurt, too. It'll be alright.

Mf2307 15

this is why we don't click on random ads on a site

Oyas12 14

first of all "After which..." second, welcome to the internet, seriously? a random ad on the internet? that's like, rule #1

Rule of happiness #13: Never ever try getting your ex back. Relationship that went as far as to a breakup can never be healthy and/or happy. Good luck, OP with cleaning the computer and also with moving on!

Ads? What are those? Praise the lord for AdBlock+, no need to see those anymore.

Guys,in OP,s Defense she/he must be devastated,we all arent thinking,we just got our heart broken.