By Anonymous - 10/06/2012 19:50 - United Kingdom - Thetford

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me, saying he had to move away to be with his dad, who's just been diagnosed with cancer. After talking to his sister, I discovered that not only is his dad healthy, he's not moving away either; he's just gotten back with his ex. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 507
You deserved it 2 544

Same thing different taste

Top comments

aswan10 3

He's not worth it! You can do better :)

Wow, that sucks, He should of just told you the truth instead of making up a lie that includes his fathers health.

Comments

aswan10 3

He's not worth it! You can do better :)

IdfkMyUsernamexC 5

Imagine the excuse if you guys were married....

Don't worry it's not worth going out with a liar!

Don't worry it's not worth going out with a liar!

kevsnev 7

IMO the boyfriend lied to OP because he wanted to let her off easy. So OP's ex is not really a bad guy.

Don't worry it's not worth going out with a liar!

43 - The OP's boyfriend is pretty pathetic. It's very possible (and not that difficult) to break up with someone in a friendly, mature way without having to lie.

TheVelocirabbit 10

Letting her off easy? This isn't letting her off easy. Letting her off easy is NOT lying. Either he knew she'd figure it out or he was too stupid to see.

Would you prefer his dad have cancer? That's selfish. =P

More like, because she is not good enough so he rather go bck to his ex than be with her

CaramelMacchiato 13

Is anyone else extremely disturbed that OP's ex went through such depths to make up a horrible lie? That's an awful thing to lie about. Seriously hope OP's ex doesn't jinx himself!

"you can do better, tell me have you heard that lately [op]. Im just sayin you can do better..." - Drake

If he can lie and make his father sick to break up with you, think of this, what wouldn't he do to get another girl in the future, once a lair always a lair. You deserve better OP.

dejah_costa 0
sweet1231992 0

Just move on and find a better one

Llamacod 11

wow, dump that lose.... er, I mean, obviously the sister is lying.

Llamacod 11
Llamacod 11

Yes, the " I was being sarcastic " card has been played here, but sarcasm doesn't apply to your original comment.

Llamacod 11

uh. yes sarcasm does apply to original comment as it drips with it

MikeonFML 17

I laughed - if you just wrote the second part most other people would've found it funny as well.

78- you've clearly proved that you don't know how to use sarcasm

Leave him alone, it could of been his cousin.

Llamacod- Your sarcasm skills are phenomenal. You are truly a master of the art, as well as one of the smartest people I know. Take notes.

katie345 1

At least you found at earlier so if you did talk to his dad he wouldn't have been like what the hell. But in sorry OP you can find someone better:)

kevinn95 0

FYL you deserve better but at the same time YDI no need to be a snoopy ex and try to find out the truth its over just accept it and move on

Well that straight up makes no sense. Use your head dummy. OP probably asked the sister how the father was doing or something like that. Even if she was "snooping" it was obviously justified. Derp Derp.

or she was friendly with the sister and thought it polite to inquire about her father's health

PerfectMistakes 8

I agree with #31. What if OP was friends with his sister? You don't know anymore about the situation than anyone else here (besides OP, obviously). Your Argument = Invalid. :)

aerro1 0

Who says she went to his sister to ask? What if his sister came to you? Think about it. Do the math. You will probably get it wrong, but it's important that you try.

Llamacod 11

wow, you should dump that lose... er, I mean, obviously the sister is lying.

Why on earth would you post this comment twice? Wasn't the first time bad enough? Oops.. Comment is gone. Now I look retarded.

Jordan740 6

9 - Excuse me sir, but it seems you commented twice. Your comment was bad enough I didn't need to see it twice.

What an asshole. You'll find someone better! :)

sunnyt 5

Your ex deserves a chainsaw shoved up his ass. It's real disrespectful to say that about his dad.

Maybe his sister was mad at him for some reason so she lied?????????

Jordan740 6

130 - Good point, however I don't feel as if "???????????????????????????" were needed in your response.

olpally 32

obviously the dad's okay... that's not the point... the guy is an asshole for doing that to op, regardless of how he did it. Be glad he is no longer in your life op, he's a tool bag!

olpally 32

I got it. I've been on here for a while... I didn't think too highly of it though... IMO, no harm, no foul. Carry on, good sir. :)

Wow, that sucks, He should of just told you the truth instead of making up a lie that includes his fathers health.

katie345 1

At least you found at earlier so if you did talk to his dad he wouldn't have been like what the hell. But in sorry OP you can find someone better:)

Shrouds 14

Thats great! Now you know where you can find him when it's time to punch him in the throat!

Llamacod 11

yes, violence is always the answer.

reddudeover 2

10 - everything I'm about to say o's drunken stupor. Gay rector. For you right now'

It actually is. Might as well get used to it 18.