By nyx - 27/09/2014 08:16 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my boyfriend asked me to marry him. When I happily told my dad, he kept asking if I'd consider taking back my ex. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 521
You deserved it 3 676

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Screw him. Congratulations on the proposal! :)

Congrats OP! I'm sure your dad will come around, he probably just doesn't know your fiancee well enough yet

Comments

Tell your dad that you will marry your boyfriend no matter what he thinks about it and that continually asking will not make you change your mind. He needs to think about your happiness.

juststephhere 23

I guess he doesn't want to let go of his little girl? He probably just doesn't know him well enough!

Sounds like that "Bachelor Party" movie. Beware if your fiancé ends up with a new Porsche!

Maybe he is just making sure you don't still want to have any regrets

skittyskatbrat 19

Ask your Dad why. As a fellow male, he might be seeing some alarm bells and concerns with your new fiance. If he does, and tells you, listen; he may have a good point! Even if you don't take the advice, do ask for it. And if it turns out he's just being an ass and playing favorites, tell him that. All he needs to know after that is the date, time, and location of the wedding!

LuckBeNimble 19

sound advice on the Internet? what is this madness?!

Excellent advice!! Couldn't be put any better

Axel5238 29

I hope OP's dad isn't being a dick. The OP's dad may have a very good reason for not liking her boyfriend. It's great she loves him, but just because you love someone doesn't mean they are good for you. Lot's of people love someone despite serious red flags and don't think how those things may have a negative effect on their life. Just because it's a choice doesn't mean it's a good one.

Congratulations! :) i hope your dad comes around

sounds like your boyfriend, i mean fiance is goin to have a monster-in-law.

Garnetshaddow 30

I think that pun would be better if it was the mother that didn't like the fiance...

If he doesn't like it he'll learn to live with it...