By Anonymous - 03/05/2013 15:00 - United States

Today, my boss fired me for acting "inappropriately" at work. I gave him a hug. He's my dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 292
You deserved it 8 682

Same thing different taste

Top comments

revan546 24

Gonna be an awkward dinner later lol

Comments

Maybe it was something else, something you're not telling us. :o

Well, that is inappropriate on the job. However, he could've given you a warning!

My boyfriend wouldn't let me hug him at work for the longest time. Something to do with "professionalism" and "nepotism" and... Oh wait, there's a reason for that. You deserve it, you douche. He's not supposed to treat you any differently than anyone else if he's your BOSS and you blatantly disrespected that. Hugs are for at home or when you're out being social. NOT for work.

I think "conceited" is your description

ileenefudge 29

He's OPs dad. While I admit to hugging at work being inappropriate, he is still her dad and all he could've said was that they were at work and no hugging. Firing was too much and OP wasn't asking to be treated differently. I don't know if he's trying to keep the family relationship hidden, but if he is, it's a cruel way of doing it. As for hugging in itself, all the dad had to say was not now. Firing OP was way over the top.

seniorchang 16

I bet he caught you hugging his wife too. What's next, his sister? You dirty ****.

Make his life miserable now since he is your dad

I work for my mother and she thinks it's okay to rip me a new one in front of the rest of the employees but she is too uncomfortable for me to hug her in front of said employees....needless to say I don't get very many hugs from my mother. :(

Your mom sounds like she takes "professionalism" very seriously :(

This is one of those comments that I don't know if I should thumb up, or down. I didn't want too thumb you up because I felt as if I was cheering for your mother. But I don't want to thumb you down because I feel that's insensitive of me. I did thumb you up, but know its because that's horrible, not because I think it's right on her part.

#75 She does, and what's worse is that her business used to run out of our basement. So everyone working here has known me all my life. Sooo I have creepy coworkers who think they're my mom too and say awful things to me for no reason.

#106 thanks, I appreciate the understanding! :) But usually I thumbs people up when they have a relevant comment or a funny comment, because thumbing people down can actually have a negative effect on their account standing on FML.

DAN_THA_GR8 12

Public Display Of Affection

It's her dad you idiot, not her boyfriend. The hug was platonic.

onorexveritas 23

he just wanted a reason to