By thatonekid - 27/07/2009 23:10 - United States

Today, my best friend told me she was pregnant over the phone. While in the middle of telling her congrats, she told me it was with my boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 473
You deserved it 3 545

Same thing different taste

Top comments

trilingualotaku 0

wow.. that really sucks... dw at least you know what she's really like now.

Wow that ******* sucks. Time to get a new friend.

Comments

trilingualotaku 0

wow.. that really sucks... dw at least you know what she's really like now.

no1askdu 5

yeah a Good friend...think about now she is stuck with the cheater

Look at me I'm replying to #1 FLAME ME!!! Well, anyways, get her dad pregnant. That should get her back.

trulyinsane 0

64 is completely right. she did you a favor by proving that she and your boyfriend were sucky people. support them and forgive them but dont get involved.

Why "support and forgive"? That's a load of bullshit. The OP got stabbed in the back by her friend and her boyfriend and her response should be "OH, I forgive you. I hope you have a wonderful life!" No, her response should really be more "knife applied to car tires".

lovethewordnerd 0

@60: Get her DAD pregnant?! Good luck with that...

Oh god #60. just stop talking..you dont get your best friends dad pregnant even if you hate her. Just no.

#60 get her DAD pregnant ? well, that sounds smart ..

Wow that ******* sucks. Time to get a new friend.

I hope you guys aren't best friends anymore. That's trifflin.

deathbunny256 0

Bad friend, I'm so sorry that happened to you. Exact your revenge by getting pregnant with her dad. >:D

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha. Perfect.

if she's going to carry a baby from a lowlife cheatin liar like that, the whole situation has built in revenge. Take some time, recover emotionally, then sit back and watch the free drama performance unfold. ...make popcorn and sell tickets.

americayay 0
kingg223 0

It depends what the situation is for example It would be a WIN if: You guys were in high school because she shouldnt have been cheating and now she has an unplanned baby with probably not a lot of money It would be a FML if: She has been cheating and they wanted the baby and now she has/wants to let you know your bf has been cheating

RESTAREA 0

If OP was giving her congrats on the pregnancy, I highly doubt they are in high school. Here are how people in high school take pregnancy news: Mother/Father/Everyone Else: "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..."

"Zomgzz Chloe what are you wearing to Brad's party friday night, do you want to join my study group and did you need me to dryclean your cheerleading outfit...... wait? you're pregnanT! OMG CONGRATZZZZ THATZ SOOOO COOL!" Fail #9 for thinking they're teenagers.

@ #47 Because all us teenagers are TOTES like that, rite??? Honestly, I'm 19 and I know several people who are pregnant/have had a child, and the first thing you do as a friend when you hear the news is congratulate them - not jump down their throat or start freaking out. While for many, having a child while still in your teens is an inconsiderate or downright stupid thing to do, now that she's pregnant, it's not going to help her to receive nothing but nasty feedback. It's common courtesy. :/

i'm 19 too but if my best friend told me she were pregnant, the first this i would say is "are you serious?" not congratulate them. And honestly, my best friends would probably be freaking out too much over a pregnancy to be congratulated.

I actually did get pregnant at 19 and to this day when people tell me they're pregnant I say... 'GOOD LUCK!' hahaha. Babies suck.

I'm 22, and at my age, most babies are still accidental with most of the people i hang out with... So baby = fail. What I don't understand is why we say congratulations to people when they fall pregnant - OH your contraception failed? WELL DONE! So if i hear someone's pregnant, i always ask if it's on purpose before i say OMG CONGRATZ or FAIL i know a clinic...

Well I'm assuming that by her tone of voice when she gives you the news you'd be able to surmise whether she was happy with the pregnancy or not. :/ It all depends on the individual circumstances.

Teenage pregnancy is not cool. You may say that at the age of 19 the the female is adult. But I've seen my sister who had a baby when she was 18. Man she has become weak after that. Pregnancy is not fun. It requires so much of physical and mental strength. It has been scientifically proven that the best age to get pregnant is between 23 and 29.

Your sister doesn't represent every teenage pregnancy ever, so don't act like just because you've seen it done you know everything about it. I know a few successful teenage pregnancies - just because you're young doesn't mean it's bound to fail. My mom started having kids when she was nineteen, and my grandmother started having kids when she was sixteen. I don't plan on having children any time soon, but again, as I've stated previously, it's all about individual circumstances. Some people are financially stable, mature, and prepared for pregnancy by 18 or 19 years of age. Others are not. It doesn't make sense to make a huge blanket statement like, "all teen pregnancies are bad." And it's hard to "scientifically prove" when would be the best time to become pregnant, and any data received from these tests would only provide baseline data for a large population - again, not necessarily relevant to each individual's circumstances. And technically, the most accurate age they have come up with so far is mid-thirties, so I'm not sure where you got your data.

You have to take into account health, financial stability, supportive family relationships, and many other considerations before you decide on a "perfect age" for you. And even if you get pregnant before then, that doesn't necessarily mean your family will fail.

trulyinsane 0

theanonimouse: i believe that mothers that give birth between the age of 23 and 29 are more likely to stay healthier and strong throughout the pregnancy, producing healthy and strong babies. i'm not completely sure, as the data was represented in a weird way and i have no credentials in the area.

bexox 0

#61- The idea of saying "congrats" is not always to give your approval. I sure have said that to some pregnant people that I definitely wished weren't, but the woman/girl has already gotten pregnant. Sometimes it's best just to give support and not say anything negative.

Theanonimouse #47 is right I don’t know where you live, but where I live 18 year olds are considered adults. I’m 20 not much older than you, what I consider to be teenagers are 12-17 year olds, people who are in junior high/high school. 18-24 year olds are more like young adults, and are reasonably capable of handling a pregnancy on their own, it wouldn’t be the end of the world. Females before our generation got pregnant at very early ages for many different reasons. Trying to compare your grandmother/mother to our time is irrelevant, my mom and grandmother had tons of kids in their early 20s and late teens, there was a time when girls had kids at 14 but those times don’t apply to us today. In this era if you are 17 and under (a teenager), and you’re having a baby, regardless of your financial stability you’re an idiot. (That is unless you planned to get pregnant, highly unlikely at that age) NO teenager in their right mind would congratulate another on getting pregnant. OP is clearly an adult, which is why she jump at congratulating her friend.

If you are16 perfectly healthy, and lucky enough to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth, it still doesn’t make it ok for you to just go out and get pregnant. I still consider Jamie lynn spears an idiot regardless of whatever support she may get for her baby. Just because you’re rich doesn’t make you any smarter for being pregnant at that age.

Yeah. Where I live, if you're at some age where the number ends with "teen," you're a teenager, i.e. 13-19. At age 12, you're a pre-teen. Although I admit 18- and 19-year-olds are older teens, I don't see how you can make such a huge distinction between a 17-year-old mother and an 18-year-old mother, simply because the government has decided to make an arbitrary judgement on who is considered an "adult" and who isn't. People of OUR generation still get pregnant at early ages for many different reasons. That didn't magically change in the last thirty years. Sorry if I don't consider anyone under the magical age of 18 who gets pregnant an idiot. I prefer to consider individual circumstances. I know a lot of 17-year-olds who are more mature than some 20-year-olds I know. Also, I guess I mustn't be in my right mind because I still congratulate my friends who are happy with their pregnancies. I should probably just shun them and never speak with them again because you're the great authority on what others are and are not allowed to do with their own lives? Okay.

66, you're kind of a bitch. Just because it's not planned doesn't me it's unwanted. I'm 22 and pregnant with my boyfriend's baby. Yes, it was unplanned, but we're both very excited about it. We're both done with school and have good jobs. Just because it wasn't planned doesn't mean it was a mistake.

Eddyoftheabc 0

If your child reads you saying that, you'll be the one saying FML. Unless you had an abortion, in which case, FYL anyway, abortions are emotionally scarring. Wow, that was so off-topic. FYL too, OP. You did get out of two bad relationships, at least- and hey, there ARE better people out there to be friends/girlfriends with. Now you know what to avoid.

Imawhalerider 0

I hope the baby doesnt cheat like its father. get tied up haha flaunt your singleness while she is going to have a baby.