By seriously? - 23/08/2013 07:40

Today, my best friend actually had the audacity to try and one-up my suicide attempt story. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 878
You deserved it 10 522

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How? Seems to me the only way in doing that is actually successfully doing suicide.

**** this shit, I'm gonna be your best friend now. we don't need him ! *wrap arm around shoulder and walks away* seriously, didn't you think about reconsidering your friend ship with this douchebag ?

Comments

if their story ended with someone completing suicide, you got 1-uped.

Sorry to hear your friend is inconsiderate but things get better op just Remember that

OP, just know that no matter what you're loved by so many even if you can't see it. I hope you never feel you have to try it again, if you feel that way just reach out.. You might be surprised but people really do care. <3 Things will get better.

Very sorry to here that OP he is just jealous and wants to feel better but also remember you are nit the only one. But still he should have helped you and not bring up his story

Yeah with all those friends and family concerned for you, the really important thing is to have the best story to tell. Sorry OP, but your priorities are just a little ****** up.

Here, OP, take a comfort hug (>'-')>

I think you should be less worried about a fake friend trying to "one up" your suicide story and more focused on taking steps to make yourself better. Just saying.

I hate people who try to one up you to fit in or feel accepted. It's really annoying, and conversations go nowhere. I'm sorry op.

How the **** do you fail to kill yourself? It isn't that hard. If you really wanted to die then you would be dead right no. Suicide is probably the most selfish things anyone could do. But I'm glad you failed. Thank you for not being selfish.

OP was selfish. OP just happened to be a failure at it.

Actually killing yourself can be very difficult, there are so many ways you can mess it up (vomiting while overdosing, being found and saved, not tying the rope right and paralysing yourself rather than dying). We have a lot of defense mechanisms in the face of death. Try not to be so ignorant. Also someone shouldn't have to stick around in life for the sake of others if they truly can't get better. Mental illness is debilitating.