By Failure - 22/05/2015 22:14 - Germany - Oschersleben

Today, my aunt, whom I live with, told me she is going to move out and demanded her half of the rent back, as she only spent two days a week there. When I told her that's not how rent works, she called my mom to tell her what a failure she had raised. Her own sons are unemployed drug addicts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 594
You deserved it 2 121

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully your mother knows that her sister is the actual failure.

Attacksloth 33

All I can say is consider the source and keep your head up. Also, doing financial transactions with family is usually a BAAAAD idea....

Comments

ptellini 7

Was the person renting a room as a hotel room or an apartment?

well its implied they share the apartment, not exactly sure what you mean by hotel room since you dont just go to someones house and say "can i rent your room just for 1 week, or the days im there?". even in a real hotel you have to pay for the nights you have they keys to it, whether or not you were phsically there...

Just take the high ground and ignore her! Even if you want to tell her to eat a bag of dicks

Don't worry about it OP. The only failure here is your aunt...& her unemployed drug addict offspring.

Kick her out. If someone had said that about me they would be out the door straight away.

I don't think that's necessary as the aunt is already going to move out

therealjc_fml 14

Family members tend to make the worst and most spiteful roommates......sorry OP

_u_know_who_iam_ 1

spending two days a week in that apartment is not a valid reason for a refund. that is not your problem but hers. however you can choose friends but not family. I feel with you.

What did your mother say? Did she defend you? I am not sure if it's a good thing she is moving out or not...due to rent payments...if needed I sure hope you can find a good roommate...

Really hoping your mom knows you both better than that! And really, nothing says failure like calling to tattle like that.

Good riddance.. u should be actually happy that she is out of ur house and life for good.. good luck with everything OP.. the sun always rises after the night!