By Failure - 22/05/2015 22:14 - Germany - Oschersleben

Today, my aunt, whom I live with, told me she is going to move out and demanded her half of the rent back, as she only spent two days a week there. When I told her that's not how rent works, she called my mom to tell her what a failure she had raised. Her own sons are unemployed drug addicts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 594
You deserved it 2 122

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully your mother knows that her sister is the actual failure.

Attacksloth 33

All I can say is consider the source and keep your head up. Also, doing financial transactions with family is usually a BAAAAD idea....

Comments

Attacksloth 33

All I can say is consider the source and keep your head up. Also, doing financial transactions with family is usually a BAAAAD idea....

With personal experience I totally agree.

AtherSheep 15

Works for my family just fine. My mom gives my grandma money to pay for certain things, my grandma gives my mom money to pay for certain things. My mom pretty much handles all the money.

Attacksloth 33

My experiences have been bad. Lot's of family drama involving lent money, maxed credit cards, and bitterness. It depends on the situation of course, but don't lower your defense just because they're family. I treat all family transactions just like normal ones now after losing about 20,000 dollars due to family drama. Write the amount down, make contracts if it's a large amount. Notarize documents if they refer to large amounts of money.

#38 - I commend you for spreading the word about your own misfortunes, people need to learn that being related to somebody doesn't automatically mean they will treat you right. I wish you didn't have to learn the hard way, hopefully you recovered financially!

Hopefully your mother knows that her sister is the actual failure.

Exactly. If your aunt believes that she is entitled to everything she wants on the backs of her relatives, then she probably taught her kids the same values. Cue the drug addict sons.

"Hotel Nephew", isn't it usually "Hotel Parents/Mom"?

'Hotel Niece'. Anything that involves family and money is never going to end well.

Ah damn it. I missed that OP is female. Sry OP!

It tends to be that way OP, those who have done bad see the bad in other and overlook the fault in themselves. I'm sure you're mother is sure enough of who you are not to listen to a word she said.

Judge Judy . Jk that sucks family treats family like that . She needs to be an adult and be responsible for her debts .

She called you that because of her own failure at raising her children. Keep your head up OP and you do you!

I have that type of family too..I feel your pain!!

I hope you and your mom get together and give her a reality check. Seems like she really needs it. Best of luck OP!

your aunt is either really greedy or really stupid if she thinks she can demand her rent back

You better start laying down facts and tell your mom what happened. I really want you to be the winner of this situation.