By proudparent - 07/12/2009 05:07 - Canada

Today, my 5 year old son asked me to explain how he was born. After I told him I had a C-Section, he went to school and told everyone he was born at sea. I found out when the teacher called me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 409
You deserved it 6 683

Same thing different taste

Top comments

...........I completely fail to see how this makes your life ******....

KrystleLynn 0

...I don't see why this is an fml or why the teacher called you.

Comments

This is a MLIA entry at best. Also, since it seems the OP did not dispel your son's ravings about being born at sea, I now assume he is Aquaman.

YDI for a being a shitty parent and actually letting something cute your child did upset you.

HyperExecuter 0
bexox 0

There must be something missing from this FML. Aside from the obvious, which has already been mentioned, I dont understand why the OP even had to tell him about a C-section at age 5, and apparently not even explain what it is. Junior probably just wanted to know about the doctors and that he came out of his mommy's tummy, not about natural birth. I imagined this conversation, and it went something like this: "Mommy, how was I born?" "Well, sweetie, mommy had to have a C-section. Can you say 'C-section?" "Sea." "Close enough. The doctors had to cut mommy open to get you out of her tummy." "Why?" "Well, honey-bear, if the doctors didn't cut mommy open your umbilical cord would have stayed wrapped around your throat and you would have choked to death. We wouldn't want that, would we?" Idk, I just don't think he was probably even asking about that...

chrisinator13 5

what the reason for her calling some kids think they came from the store

jeez just make yourself a friggin sammich and stop bitching

catastrophicsock 0

Why would you tell your five year old that? He doesn't know about sex, or sexual organs, or c-sections, or anything truthfully to do with birth.

That doesn't mean he couldn't understand it if you explained. A lot of advanced schools begin sex ed in kindergarten (oh, and those schools have the lowest teen pregnancy rates, by the way).

bexox 0

I think it's ok to teach a 5-year old about some of these things, but it obviously shouldn't be on the same level that you would teach a 12-year old child. At that age, really only the basics are needed, i.e. where babies come from. I personally think it's kind of weird to tell a small child about c-sections until they are a bit more mature.

xdncnlaraynx 0

...I just don't understand why you thought that a 5-year old should be told about the concept of a C-section....that's when you say "You came from mommy's tummy" and leave it at that

sportsnut 0

lol, thats awesome but i completely agree with #48

...What did the teacher say when she called? Not really understanding what's so embarrassing about this. One of my friends had a vaginal birth with her first, but had to get a c-section with her second. When the second one was little, he proudly proclaimed, in front of me and several other people, that he came out of mommy's tummy, but his big sister came out of mommy's butt. Even that wasn't that embarrassing.