By FullMonty - 15/09/2012 23:26 - United States - Milwaukee

Today, my 2-year-old sister walked in on me while I was showering. She began to splash around in the toilet, and as I hastily jumped out to stop her, my brother and his friend got a good look as they walked past the room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 057
You deserved it 3 976

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MyPetNinja 14

Why don't you people lock your door when other people are home?! YDI.

The best solution is to never shower. Then this would never happen. Or maybe you should invest in doors!

Comments

Rocky007 15

And little sister earned herself some candy from brothers friend.

Why r people on this site always so perverted? *sarcasm*

Why does nobody bother to lock their bathroom doors anymore these days?

Not everyone has a lock on their bathroom door. I don't

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Nanael_fml 4

It's a problem cause it's human nature to not want others seeing you in your birthday suit, whether it be your brother or your brothers friend no matter how old you are

I'd rather the friend see me naked rather than my brother! I don't care if he's related, totally inappropriate and awkward if he saw his 21 yr old sister naked.

simplylost643 0

#45- Nope, it's not human nature to not want others to see you naked. Social anxiety, pressure from society about morals/ethics, fear of judgement. It's a lot of things, but try telling the people at all the topless beaches and nudist colony's that it's human nature, and see how far that get's you.

#45, there is a difference between being naked surrounded by naked people and being naked surrounded by clothed people. In the latter case, the naked person is exposed and unprotected. I think it's the feeling of "I can be seen or attacked, but I can't really see or attack anyone else" that causes the discomfort. Kind of like how the fear of the dark comes from our inability to see in it and our vulnerability, as well as fear of the unknown.) I don't think it's "just" social anxiety or pressure, I do think it's human nature to feel an imbalance of power or to be involuntarily exposed... Also, the existence of topless beaches (technically I don't think that should even count, as in that case people are still covered, not totally naked, and there are a lot of questions about equality for women and whether breasts should be treated the same as genitals) and nudists does not disprove that it's human nature to not want to be exposed any more than the existence of monks/nuns/celibate people and asexuals disproves that it's human nature to have sex or anorexics prove that it's human nature to want to eat.

Laurenlou 24

54- So someone has social anxiety just because they aren't okay with being seen naked? I sure as hell love being naked but I would NEVER want my brother, his friends, my sister, my dad or anyone I don't approve of for that matter, to see me naked. (My mom walks in on me and knows not to look directly at me.) Fear of judgement from a kid brother and his friend who are probably half of OP's age? Nonsense. Morals/ethics are good things. The "pressure" from those is what makes most people NOT okay with murdering others. I never knew why nudist feel they need to be naked 24/7. That has nothing to do with OP and others who are not nudist.

kittycat2007 18

i agree with 42. if its close family it shouldnt matter if they see you naked or not. now, i'm not saying people should parade around naked in front of family but if they happen to catch a glimpse, so what? just wrap up in a towel/clothes/whatever and carry on with your day.

I have 8 brothers.. Pretty sure none of them have seen me naked since I was 6. I don't care how close your family is.. It's just wrong.

Even if you and your family are close it's gross and wrong to see one another naked

THANK YOU!!! to all of you who think it is awkward or gross or wrong for family to see you naked. I don't see how anyone would want that.

No, your brother should not be seeing you naked. Would you like your dad or grandpa to see you naked? You must have a weird family.

What's with people not locking the bathroom door?

xrawritsashleyx 11

she doesn't really deserve it for not locking the bathroom door.. we don't know if the bathroom had a lock anyway! but even if it did so what she didn't lock it? I don't lock mine. if it's locked and something happened to the person showering or someone needed to get in there for an emergency that could not wait then everyone is screwed..

"Today I was walking by the bathroom with my friend, and I turned my head to see my sister completely naked with the door open, FML"

And now we know why people invented something called a lock.

Not. Everyone. Has. A. (Working). Lock. On. There. Bathroom. Door.

They. Should. Fix. The. Door. Then. Seriously. It. Wouldn't. Cost. That. Much. To. Do. Or. Take. That. Much. Time.

its not safe to lock the door. But seriously? the brother and friend where there what wernt they looking afther the curious two year old?

perdix 29

I think it's up to your brother and his friend to decide if the look was "good." The view may have been cringeworthy.

Marrach 7

That would make sense. It's not like OPs a model.. It could've been nightmare worthy.