By ButItWasRareDad! - 03/08/2016 22:21 - United States - Chicago

Today, my 15-year-old son was waiting in the car for me after driving around to build up hours for his permit. He then decided it was a good idea to quickly drive over to catch a Pokemon nearby. He didn't count on getting pulled over for texting and driving while underage without an adult though. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 549
You deserved it 2 131

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sounds like your son isn't getting his permit anytime soon. sorry OP.

Too dumb to have a license. I think.

Comments

It's his son's fault for thinking it would be a good idea to drive without an adult and with a cellphone in his hand just for one Pokemon. In what way makes this the app's fault for his stupidity?

species4872 19

Your not the 15 year old are you?

species4872 19

That's interesting. the above comment #36 was not directed at #23 but someone else which has been completely removed?

You are SofaKing stupid. Pokemon go isn't the problem, it is a factor to an actual problem. that problem is using a phone while driving.

Your words "just one Pokemon". If the game never existed there would not be Pokemon for him to go drive and get.

If the game never existed, it's just be another reason. It's not like accidents and reckless driving only started after the game came out

Yeah, because stupidity in people only started to sprout up once Pokemon Go came out.

I agree with both of you, he could have driven of because of any reason, But this is a Pokemon go problem because he went after a Pokemon. I also think the dad should have taken the phone away.

ohsnapword 21

It sounds like his life sucks, not yours.

Dad's life sucks because he will have to spend a few more years driving his idiot son around. Hopefully the son learned a lesson. The phones go DOWN when driving, and you don't drive without an adult.

jcash52426 5

Pokemon go is the worst app ever!!! Why people play it I have no idea. Your son need to learn to be more responsible. Maybe he should wait a bit before he get his license, I have read to many articles and young teen crashing the car and getting hurt or dieing because the are texting or talking on the goon while driving.

#17: Aside from the spelling mistakes, I have to say I agree with your comment. The game is dangerous, and overall not even what it was meant to be. People will just drive off to find a Pokemon instead of walking, as they're supposed to.

jcash52426 5

What did I spell wrong and I hate my autocorrect sometimes my phone just changes this and I didn't notice

People play it because it's an interesting concept. The game itself isn't dangerous, because there's a ******* warning sign before the game starts up that reads something like "look up and pay attention to your surroundings". And it's common sense that you shouldn't be playing it while driving if using your cellphone while driving can get you pulled over. I think people who have lost all common sense are those that don't pay attention while playing this game, and those that think the game is dangerous just because of those stupid people.

People love to blame games..people are ******* idiots. It's that simple. Take away the game they'll play another, text, or just keep being dumb. My mom and I were almost hit twice recently, both times the person wasn't distracted by a phone or anything. In one the girl decided to try to drive through a red light quickly- could've seriously hurt or killed me. In the second the person was talking to the passenger, head turned. Pokemon go didn't create the idiots.

jcash52426 5

I plain don't like Pokemon Go. I'm in my mid 20s this is a kids game. I think is a bad game because people are getting hurt because there not paying attention. This op was really irresponsible he attached to his phone. He shouldn't have even had the phone with him while he was practicing driving.

It's not the game itself that's bad. It's how and when people decide to use it. Don't blame the game for people's lack of common sense.

jcash52426 5

Did you read my post. It began with your son

1. I'm thirty and I love Pokemon and Pokemon go. Anyone- ANYONE- at any age who ever busts out 'that's for KIDDDDDS' is insecure, immature, and an idiot, to be perfectly honest. Would you like me to go into the intricasies of IV/EV/shiny breeding in pokemon, by the way? Here's a hint; we'd be here for hours and I don't think you'd get it. 2. Blaming the game for the kid being an idiot? Do you blame games and movies and video games for people killing other people, too? Same concept. Stupid people are stupid...it doesn't matter what they are or aren't doing.

Goblin182 26

Your life sucks, but he deserved it,

We should be glad this happened. We don't need more dumb Pokémon go users like him driving.

son used excuse it had no affect officer used ticket it's super affective

In my state, if a youth driver breaks any rules of their drivers ed program, they are not allowed to get their license until they reach 18yo; with his level of responsibility, this might not be a bad thing. He also could be charged for stealing your car, as you clearly did not give him permission to go find Pokémon with it. Looks like a few more years of chauffeuring him around op! FYL!

No one really gets their hours in, people just have their parents write a letter saying they do, or they fill out the book randomly.

So this is why there are so many damn idiotic drivers on the road? Mine made damn sure I actually got them.

When I got my license they didn't require any kind of proof that you actually did the hours.

Hopefully the phone and driving privileges have been taken away for a long long time