By ButItWasRareDad! - 03/08/2016 22:21 - United States - Chicago

Today, my 15-year-old son was waiting in the car for me after driving around to build up hours for his permit. He then decided it was a good idea to quickly drive over to catch a Pokemon nearby. He didn't count on getting pulled over for texting and driving while underage without an adult though. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 549
You deserved it 2 131

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sounds like your son isn't getting his permit anytime soon. sorry OP.

Too dumb to have a license. I think.

Comments

He doesn't deserve a permit yet. Take away all driving rights and the phone.

I had to take over driving for my mom, sometimes I wish I didn't give up my freedom as a passenger so easily.

As much as your life sucks OP I have to ask... What pokemon was it?

Hopefully he's learned the hard way about being on his phone while driving.

Don't know about Illinois, but that would mean a year delay in getting his license, and potentially 6 mo. in Juvee, and a $1000 find.

1. What a dumbfuck. I hope he gets properly punished. 2. How did he even know where to go? (with PokeVision disabled and all). Because if he can see the Pokemon on his map he can just tap it. No reason to drive there.

Talis99 26

Well, he can wait until he's 16. Then see if he's so stupid still.

Y'all he could've been paying attention and driving up to it with the phone in one hand while looking at the road. I was using the gps on my phone once when I got pulled over for texting and driving. I'm not saying I'm condoning playing Pokemon and driving, I'm just saying that we don't know the whole story.