By Nofoodcoloringisnotasubstituteforfood - 09/12/2013 05:52 - United States - West Bend

Today, my 13-year-old daughter excitedly told me about a new diet she read about online. Apparently, the diet entirely consists of bottled water and a mixture of food coloring. The food coloring "takes care of all that vitamin and mineral stuff." My daughter is an idiot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 750
You deserved it 7 901

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She'll figure it out when she's starving.

I don't think your daughter should worry about her weight at this age..

Comments

When I was her age, all I did was eat, how can you not?!

Guys don't really have the same pressure to be skinny as girls do. I'm not saying they don't, but girls see the unrealistic models and celebrities and feel like they have to become that. Especially at that age.

She isn't an idiot, she's just young, naive and also vulnerable to the things she reads online. I think you and the rest of her family need to let her know how beautiful she is, outside and inside and discuss the importance of eating healthy food, not to lose weight but for the benefit of feeling good, having more energy, nice skin etc etc. Also she needs to know how dangerous it is to be deprived of food and that it's okay to eat junk every now and then, everything in moderation. As her mum, it's your job to teach her these things. She isn't an idiot, she's at a very impressionable age.

Oops, sorry just realised you're her dad! Well dad, it's your job to teach and tell her those things too :)

JMichael 25

That's not a healthy diet at all. Instead of going on all these diets that are supposed to "help you cut weight fast", why not limit your eating habits? Talk to your daughter OP and tell her if she really wants to lose weight and be healthy you can help her get on the right track. If anything it's be a good bonding experience.

metalcrazed 21

That's a horrible thing to say.

Perhaps if she put red food coloring in it, it would turn into V8?

Well, I find your analythical skills quite accurate :)

Obviously not the intelligent choice but you never call your daughter a idiot for any reason.

please get her proper nutritional guidance and help