By Nofoodcoloringisnotasubstituteforfood - 09/12/2013 05:52 - United States - West Bend

Today, my 13-year-old daughter excitedly told me about a new diet she read about online. Apparently, the diet entirely consists of bottled water and a mixture of food coloring. The food coloring "takes care of all that vitamin and mineral stuff." My daughter is an idiot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 750
You deserved it 7 901

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She'll figure it out when she's starving.

I don't think your daughter should worry about her weight at this age..

Comments

She'll wonder why she's so hungry. Let her figure it out herself :)

itcomesinthrees 10

Not gonna say YDI, but take this as an opportunity to sit down and discuss nutrition with her. Obviously health class at school isn't cutting it

you should help your daughter not call her an idiot...

Why can't he do both? First step is admitting you have a problem and all that.

Axel5238 29

To be fair with the OP you see a lot of stupid stuff on the net. Kids cooking with a grill in tents, not even knowing how to make toast of all things, fire works while drunk and picking up people in bars/parties. Yet, a lot seem to think they can drive while high and think all of the above is ok. There is a fair amount of knowledge that is assumed. At 13 she should know that you can't live off of water and food coloring.

I hate my generation. Why couldn't I be born in the 90's, you know when people had common sense?

Hmmm your kid may be an idiot but it's Ur job as a parent to show her otherwise!!

you. raised. her. hence her stupidity.

Let natural selection play out. A) Kids suck B) Kids suck C) They are retarded D) Let her die

I realize this is an old post, but I hope you've kept an eye on your daughter. The internet is full of scary things, including ProAna communities. If she's concerned with her weight, talk to your family doctor or a therapist about self esteem, if she's interested in weight loss I hope she found a healthy way to achieve her goal!