By faen - 29/11/2012 21:12 - Norway - Marifjora

Today, Muse cancelled their upcoming show in Oslo. I bought my sold-out tickets on the black market for double the retail price, and have no way of getting my money back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 075
You deserved it 40 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

1- Good thing you said that. For a minute I thought OP was blaming me. Phew, glad that's cleared up.

Comments

unknown_user5566 26

So you bought your tickets illegally, got screwed over, and now expect sympathy? Sorry, but I'm fresh out of f*cks to give for people who can't go about their business legally.

I'm pretty sure the post was about his life being ****** because of losing money, not asking for sympathy.

perdix 29

#13, it's not necessarily illegal, and even when it is, it's a law just to protect the seller's monopoly. The OP is a desperate fan and just got screwed over. Have mercy.

Trisha_aus 15

Quite harsh there..I wouldn't recommend doing what op did but sounds like op really wanted to go and this was probably the only way..you'd know if it happened to you. I was desperate for Swedish House Mafia tickets but they were sold out :(

jackal181 7

I never understood why people think posters "expect sympathy", they just wanna share a shitty situation. As said above, buying from a non-official source and calling it Craigslist doesn't make a difference. I got my Ozzy tickets from eBay and had to pay more but was willing to do it because the show was sold out. Take it easy on the OP.

redmane 21

70- That's all I expected from an immature 14 year old, but it's just not true.

BlueFlatts 20

Yeah, I doubt he expects much sympathy because they were his own actions. Risk vs reward. Double the price; it's like buying tickets off ebay for you and someone else and not being able to go because you got sick. Equally bad luck.

No, he is totally happy with his ticket, that's why he posted on FML.

Ok Einstein it was a simple comment. If I wanted a comeback I would have wiped it of your Mom's chin.

44, settle down there, champ. Stealing shitty retorts from pictures on the interbutts will not make you cool.

I also suffered the mild disappointment of a cancelled Muse show a couple years back, but I was issued a full refund, having purchased tickets through proper channels. Perhaps this experience will encourage you to do the same next time.

The proper channels were sold out that's why OP bought a ticket on the secondary market, black market, not that he or she bought counterfeit tickets. Have you never bought a ticket off of a scalper because you didn't get one to the show that sold out in fifteen minutes?

perdix 29

Oops, I guess they will control us.

LiterOfCola 16

Sounds like OP is copping a bit of Resistance. He's going to Sing for Absolution now. Whole lotta Voodoo was involved. Don't go into a Hysteria. It's a shame you can't go OP, Muse are like Starlight live.

This is becoming Madness. I think I'm going to Panic at the train Station, and need people to Follow Me

Clearly Time is Running Out for OP, so enough with this Hysteria.

This is why we use Craigslist; not the black market.

nothing92x 13

Isn't Craigslist an official black market?

KiddNYC1O 20
U_GotitDude 18

Black market? I've bought/sold concert tickets from scalpers all the time. Perfectly legal. (Maybe your laws are different) Never had a problem. Try calling Ticket Masters (whatever) and say it was a gift and ask how you can get refunded. You may not get your paying price but might get the face value back.

Hopefully next time they perform you can get tickets at a regular price. It'll be worth it! But still, FYL.

Fake tickets and a candles show! That's funny you deserved it!

1- Good thing you said that. For a minute I thought OP was blaming me. Phew, glad that's cleared up.