By Lorena - 21/04/2012 19:26 - United States - Kapolei

Today, just three days into a much-needed vacation, my 5-year-old daughter has come down with chickenpox. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 088
You deserved it 3 231

Same thing different taste

Top comments

PYLrulz 17

Better getting that around that age, than an older age. Just bad timing. FYL.

Yes because when I was a sick kid I cried for my babysitter not my mommy.

Comments

nightowl713 25

As a mom I know a vacation is a must sometimes, and I also know when plans are fudged, that it sucks. But I'm going to have to say I'd be more concerned for my daughter at that point in time than a hiccup in my vacation. Chickenpox is very painful, and when my baby hurts I hurt for him. Being a parent means sacrificing, and not complaining when your child's health interferes with your plans.

you don't know she isn't very concerned, she could be writing as an FML for all of them, she isn't neccissarily complaining that her daughter spoiled the holiday she could be just very concerned and sad that her daughter cant enjoy it.

nightowl713 25

Context clues my friend. Not saying she doesnt feel bad, but she clearly more upset about the vacation being ruined. If the FML were for her daughter she'd of said my poor 5 year old, or anything along those lines, the the FML was about her vacation being messed up, not about feeling sorry for the daughter. That being said, neither you nor I, can definitively prove our argument, but my conclusion came from reading what was written, yours came from the "possibility" that she she meant something different than she typed.

sickenedwinter86 0

Your kid is sick and you're saying F your life? I'm sorry you haven't accepted the role of parent yet, OP.

FlonkertonChamp 6

isn't that how it always works?! hope she's on the mend soon!

Sheesh...why are people saying YDI or that she's a bad parent? She's saying fml, because she'll be devoting all of her time to her kid!

because normally she only devotes 30% of her time to her kid?

ouch, chickepox is nasty. my niece had it when she was 2 and was so poorly she didnt know what to do with herself :( time to spoil your daughter with lots of cuddles and ice lollies (my niece had sores inside her mouth when she was ill)

because normally she only devotes 30% of her time to her kid?

deliriousbasil 0

Big deal OP. Almost every child gets them in a lifetime. But... If you didnt have them when younger, then I guess it really is FYL. On the other hand I'd say POOR CHILD!

YDI - you chose to have children, this is what parenting involves. Suck it up ;)

Oh, thank you captain hindsight. If OP wanted to relax without dealing with sick kids, OP should have never chosen to have kids. You got it, here's cookie. Feel free to choke on it.

I got food poisoning when i was on vacation when i was 5, we just got there and had no idea where the hospitals were or anything so it was extra stressful for my parents.