By Lorena - 21/04/2012 19:26 - United States - Kapolei

Today, just three days into a much-needed vacation, my 5-year-old daughter has come down with chickenpox. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 089
You deserved it 3 231

Same thing different taste

Top comments

PYLrulz 17

Better getting that around that age, than an older age. Just bad timing. FYL.

Yes because when I was a sick kid I cried for my babysitter not my mommy.

Comments

mandahoney 0

These comments are so painful that I couldn't get through half. I'm certain most of the ridiculous and flat out ignorant responses are from people that either don't have children or people that are just plain stupid. It's FHL because having a sick child is strenuous for the parent, too. I'm sure OP is aware the daughter's life sucks right now, too. Doesn't mean the child is an inconvenience. The situation is just shitty. FYI - vaccinations don't STOP kids from getting chicken pox. It's just preventative.

puertoricanjoy 6

Couldn't have said it better myself!

mandahoney 0

OP - I'm sorry neither of you will get to enjoy your time off. Hope she feels better soon! Oatmeal baths work wonders, and good luck keeping a 5-year-old from scratching! :/

chels1994 11

FYL? I'd say this is more along the lines of FHL.... I mean, not to say this doesn't blow for you as well, but the poor little girl can't even enjoy life

The fact that you posted this on FML is a little upsetting but I can relate. OP please don't vent it out on your daughter and make her feel bad about getting sick.

It's not like she was on vacation or anything...

oh goodness you poor poor thing! you dont get to lay on the couch?? you dont get to laze about watching tv?? instead your 5 yr old has to be bedridden with terrible fever and itching?? please tell me again how much YOUR life sucks.

How selfish. YOU chose to have kids, dont complain when THEY are sick. they are the one in pain, not you. If you cant handle it, dont breed. F your kids L for having to spend days with such an uncaring parent.