By Anonymous - 14/02/2013 13:18 - United States - Allendale

Today, just so my family would think someone might actually be interested in me, I bought myself roses and attached a secret admirer card to them. My plan would have worked if I hadn't forgotten to take the receipt off the kitchen counter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 230
You deserved it 44 098

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unknown_user5566 26

OP, this is what you need to do: stop giving a shit about the perceptions that others might have of you, just because it's Valentines Day. Today is just like any other day, except men and women alike drain their bank accounts in feeble attempts to show their special someone that they "care". Last time I checked, love wasn't measured by how many boxes of chocolate and goofy looking teddy bears you bought for someone. You're single. Go out and enjoy yourself. Treat yourself to a nice dinner, a massage, etc. You don't need someone in your life in order to enjoy Valentines Day.

Well at least you know you love your secret admirer

Comments

I don't see anything wrong with buying yourself flowers, they are nice, but you shouldn't have gone through the trouble of putting a secret admirer note.

The_Big_Boss 20

Why do people care *so* much about what other people think of them?

Yeah i know. Who cares what others think. Its you life not theirs.

It's human nature to want to be liked and accepted. So generally that means you would care what others think.

#48 if those people only like you or accept you because you are single/married or ANY other qualifying factor then they haven't accepted you for who you are and aren't worth your time.

Why do you care what your family thinks? So what if you don't have a secret admirer or anyone like that. Valentine's Day sucks whether or not you're part of a couple because the media encourage unrealistic expectations in people.

It's a known fact that 98% of flowers sent by a "secret admirer" were actually sent by the object of that so-called secret admirer's affection. Desperate cavemen would leave dead animals at the own cave door in an attempt to impress the cavewoman next door. It didn't work then, and it doesn't work now. No one in the history of mankind has ever successfully pulled off that scam.

kateelizabeth 6

I don't need a human to show off. My dogs love me more than a person ever will :')

there's no shame in not having a valentine. i didnt get my first vday card til i was 17. just relax and enjoy life and who knows, someone special might fall into your lap :) it did for me

SeepingSarcasm 7

Right on cue, here is the annual FML about the idiot who sends themself a V-day gift where something goes wrong and they look like a huge fool! Does FML readers not learn from the mistakes of others?

I think the fact that the same grammar mistakes continue to be made here answers that question.

SeepingSarcasm 7

That is sadly, a very true point Doc. Good think you're grammer are better then theres! :p