By Anonymous - 14/02/2013 13:18 - United States - Allendale

Today, just so my family would think someone might actually be interested in me, I bought myself roses and attached a secret admirer card to them. My plan would have worked if I hadn't forgotten to take the receipt off the kitchen counter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 230
You deserved it 44 098

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unknown_user5566 26

OP, this is what you need to do: stop giving a shit about the perceptions that others might have of you, just because it's Valentines Day. Today is just like any other day, except men and women alike drain their bank accounts in feeble attempts to show their special someone that they "care". Last time I checked, love wasn't measured by how many boxes of chocolate and goofy looking teddy bears you bought for someone. You're single. Go out and enjoy yourself. Treat yourself to a nice dinner, a massage, etc. You don't need someone in your life in order to enjoy Valentines Day.

Well at least you know you love your secret admirer

Comments

unknown_user5566 26

OP, this is what you need to do: stop giving a shit about the perceptions that others might have of you, just because it's Valentines Day. Today is just like any other day, except men and women alike drain their bank accounts in feeble attempts to show their special someone that they "care". Last time I checked, love wasn't measured by how many boxes of chocolate and goofy looking teddy bears you bought for someone. You're single. Go out and enjoy yourself. Treat yourself to a nice dinner, a massage, etc. You don't need someone in your life in order to enjoy Valentines Day.

sugarshane007 20

Well put! Love is supposed to be shown year round, not just one day out of 365. It's how I have made things work, and it is the only recipe or success in any relationship!

The_Big_Boss 20

Longest first comment I've ever seen

alexdiazthatsme 2
perdix 29

#1, Yay! Well-spoken with true perdixian bitterness!

There is also the good old, bitter, if-I-can't-have-love-no-one-can approach, of sitting on your roof with a sniper rifle, taking out every couple that strolls by. A tad extreme? maybe... hours of fun: guaranteed ;)

38 - that's a good idea! And as a bonus you will never be alone on valentines day ever again after that. The guards and other inmates will always be there to keep you company :)

MrBrightside21 20

#1- Thank you so so so so so so much for giving all of us hopeless, sympathy-seeking singles out here a reason to be happy today. And to anyone else who isn't happy today, just remember, sexy beasts like me and you are single today too. Sometimes the world just doesn't make sense.

I'm with 1. I'm in a relationship of almost a year and almost 7 months pregnant and I don't give a crap about this holiday. This is a made up holiday. Celebrate yourself if you feel the need to celebrate at all.

I agree with you completely! Great comment. :)

seamus2008 1

says a sad & jealous single woman

unknown_user5566 26

77- I'm married. It sounds like you're the sad, single and jealous person, not me.

blackman100 20

But you have to admit that being wanted is rewarding and showing it off just adds to the effect. It still is a bit sad though.

headofmedusa 15

She never mentioned Valentine's Day

Hiimhaileypotter 52

That's the date it was published on so it's safe to assume that's why she wanted her family to think she was with someone.

Well at least you know you love your secret admirer

And it seems like they are willing to spend your money on you! Just like having a real relationship!

Sounds like an inside job, maybe it was a burglar?

There's nothing wrong with buying yourself flowers, but what you did would seem a bit pathetic to others... YDI

There's nothing wrong with it as long as you buy them because you want them. It's only sad when you try to impress other people by buying them

stevenJB 25

Enjoy yourself today you don't need anyone to be happy. (:

Way to help cheer him up stormfront... Way to go

then000bster 16

Why not actually have a relationship with your family and talk about your life with them instead of creating a pathetic "plan". I'm sure they love you more than those flowers and chocolate :)

If you were already desperate to buy yourself roses, you can always lie and say your secret admirer left it there to show you that price is not a problem for your love.

RealTalk0 7

Just go out and expand yourself to others. Easier said than done, but that's all you need to do, and most likely, you won't be buying yourself flowers.

sugarshane007 20

OP, sometimes self love is truly the best love, if you know what I mean.

Why would your family have the least bit of interest in your lack of Valentine this year? You're not going to be deemed a loser in their eyes until you act desperate and pathetic. I guess you just fulfilled that prophecy

sugarshane007 20

Some families are judgmental about things like that. I've known a few people that have families like that, it's a horrible feeling.

Some families should be taught by example that certain things are none of their bloody business. A person with avid investment in a relative's love life is more of a pathetic weirdo than the one that just so happens to be single that year in my opinion.

sugarshane007 20

Oh I totally agree with you, but sadly there are families out there that are too nosy, so I understand wanting to deter some of the questions.

jeez epicsquishi if that's a real pic of you, your really beautiful. sorry off topic here but I had to say it.