By frenchfrypotater - 24/09/2009 23:50 - United States

Today, it was our wedding anniversary. My husband takes me and our young son to a family-style chain restaurant. Hoping for a little romance, I ask him what he's excited about in our future, and he says how we shouldn't eat out like this anymore so we can afford to pay our income taxes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 615
You deserved it 4 276

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Unromantic, but wanting to make ends meet shows he at least cares about your well being. Guy probably has a lot on his mind and you two should have a talk about making changes to both your lifestyles so he can be at ease.

Comments

Me and Witchcraft are lovin' it. . . trans-Atlantically!

It's true. We may never need to eat a separate meal again.

The husband could've picked a better time to kill the happy mood like that. At a restaurant. Come ON. The kid was even there and he didn't need to hear that. Also, it sounds like the husband is not enjoying family life. The wife might just be better off without that downer around. Better to be a single mom than to constantly have someone bringing you down in front of your kid all the time..

YDI for going to Applebee's. Give him credit. He kept it real. Romance kind of goes out the window once you have kids. Suck it up woman! If money's a problem in your household, maybe you can give him a bj instead of a tie for his birthday. It would only cost you a few minutes of your time.

lmmmr 0

Nah, if romance goes out the window, then so does sex.

YDI for feeling entitled to romance w/o doing ANYTHING romantic yourself! Send the kid to a relatives or to play w/ a friend . FAIL Make a nice, but inexpensive dinner for two . FAIL Make yourself pretty (as you can) the way he likes . FAIL Have paper / mail / drink (what ever he likes) ready when he got home from work . FAIL Serve dinner by candle light . FAIL Wear something sexy for him to 'find' after dinner . FAIL Assure dear hubby that whatever happens, you'll get through it as a couple . FAIL Give hubby his special-anniversary sexual favor . FAIL Have your sister or gf over for an extra-special (but free) sexual favor for him . FAIL Think of anyone but yourself .. F A I L !!!!

haneki_fml 0

don't pay your taxes then, they say there is no law...

Lol what would your husband have been able to say that wouldn't have to be explained to your kid if he was old enough to ask about it? =P That sucks though...look what my generation has to look forward to when we get jobs! Yay! Makes me more enthusiastic already...

That's areasonable response. Pay tax of go to jail. FINANCIAL PLANNING!?

icertainlysuck 0

Yeah, god forbid the guy actually tries to care about his family. YDI

I knew you were from CA just from reading it. Move to Texas or Arkansas. Much better :3