By Danielle - 10/06/2012 19:19 - Canada - Aldergrove

Today, it's day two of my family's camping trip. Despite the weather, bugs, and portapotties, we were doing okay, until the can opener broke. My husband is stubbornly insisting that we live off cereal and peanut butter for another five days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 126
You deserved it 3 230

Same thing different taste

Comments

jjh1978 11

He's an idiot. Campers are always nice, I'm sure you'll be able to borrow one.

What? Did you just read the first sentence and assume what this post was about?

Ninjasaurus18 9

OR... You could eat REAL camping food, which involves hot dogs on day one, hamburgers on day two, beef stew on day three, sandwiches on day four and leftovers on day five. Duh.

teddybear334 4

Right? Poptarts, Hotdogs, Easy Mac, Chili, Deli Meats. That's just how camping was meant to be.

Yet you still have phone coverage. Order a pizza. You can't be that far in the woods. Or you can get in the car, drive a few miles to a store (you know there is one not too far away), and buy 10 can openers.

k i actually am mad at this FML. if you are on your phone, laptop or any internet accesbile device, YOUR NOT CAMPING. Campings a time to get away from all the crap. enjoy ur cheaper vacation. but dont you DARE call it camping.

You didn't bring a spare? Don't you guys have those cans that don't need a can opener? I opened 2 cans of soup to make my stroganoff & I didn't need a can opener! There has to be a store nearby! Go buy one! Next time take a spare, can openers break all the time!!! YDI!!!

teddybear334 4

You are whining, and I'm fairly certain you are exaggerating. I'm sure that you have other non-canned food besides peanut butter and cereal. Also, you have a phone. I can't remember ever going camping and having cell reception. So either you are not that far away from civilization, or you are in town for a day. EIther way, you should not be in desperate need of food. Also, it's a can opener. Any other campsite within 1/2 a mile should have one, and campers are always nice. Stop whining, put away your smartphone, and enjoy the outdoors. And you had to brave portapotties? Oh, you poor thing, we'll get you a metal for bravery when you get back. I'm a girl by the way.

AMClaire99 2
perdix 29

Catch a wild animal and cook it. Lol. Or a knife maybe? Or next time take a p51 or p38 with you.

brackattack 4

Adapt and overcome. Motto of the military