By Anonymous - 24/01/2015 18:33 - Romania - Campina

Today, it's been 3 months since my dog scratched my 9 year old granddaughter after she walked over and repeatedly kicked him. My daughter has disowned me and won't let me see my own grandchildren until I have my companion of 11 years "destroyed". FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 340
You deserved it 2 919

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Clearly some adults haven't realized what your granddaughter either has by now or needs to: that there are consequences for actions and that animals are not punching bags.

Comments

That's horrible! You're daughter needs to teach her kid not to abuse animals.

Yakostovian 18

It sounds like OP got the better end of the deal. A loving dog, while a crazy daughter and sadist granddaughter are out of her life for the moment.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Your not going to kill your dog over your daughter not knowing how to properly raise a well behaved child who respects humans and animals alike.

Why should she need to "figure out who is more important"? That animal has a life and was provoked, she either gets to spend time with her unreasonable daughter or kill a creature that did nothing but defend itself. It's not importance, it's morality and not giving in to the ridiculous demands of the human equivalent of a fly-infested turd.

#27 - based on your logic, OP should get rid of her granddaughter as she's only known her for nine years.....

I get where #27 is coming from. On one hand that dog is just another animal. OP's granddaughter and daughter should be her most important relationships on this earth, even if they are bratty. I'm not sure I would give up a relationship with a good part of my family for a dog, especially when said dog probably wouldn't care about me either way if it could think like we do.

To many people, a dog becomes part of the family, not just "a dog" thus having them put down for one spoilt little brats actions is not so easy of a decision especially when the dog was provoked by the girl kicking it

Really 181? Many people consider their pets as members of their family, myself included. And if you kick a dog, you deserve to be scratched and more. My only problem with this scenario is that nobody is teaching OP's bratty granddaughter not to kick dogs; this could let her in for far worse injury if she decides it's fun to annoy a dog. As far as I'm concerned, OP is better off without her rotten daughter and granddaughter.

Your argument is ridiculous! It's got nothing to do with who is more important! It is about a daughter who needs to grow up and take responsibility for her Childs unacceptable behaviour! What would your reaction be if the story had of been that the child had kicked another child! Children need to be taught right from wrong and this childs mother is being a irresponsible parent! Also dogs are bit as stupid as people like to believe, a lot of dogs are very protective of their owners and many have saved their owners when their owners have been in danger! YouTube it, there are countless videos proving dogs intelligence.

Who needs a daughter when you have a dog.

Why don't you ask you mother, why does she love you more than any dog on the planet.

kirbs19 37

Your granddaughter had it coming! And your daughter is pretty small minded to overlook her child's behavior.

I'm sorry but your daughters a moron. She needs to accept her child is a brat and she needs a smack. My son gets a hand smack anytime he hits one of my cats. I don't tolerate that crap.

Please don't give in to her wishes. Sounds like your grandkids wouldn't be pleasant to be around anyway. Sorry :/

Umm, your daughter is a really horrible person, my apologies. Though I'm curious as to how the rotten apple fell so far from the tree. People who insist animals be euthanized over minor incidents, ESPECIALLY when the animal was just defending itself or being harassed, infuriate me. They clearly do not value animal life at all, & I'm glad I'll never be able to comprehend that sentiment. It's even shittier of her to withhold your granddaughter. The kid is very lucky to have you & needs to see more of you. Also to learn to NEVER kick an animal. I'd have lost my shit if someone did that to my dog, even if it was my young relative. Jesus. Both mother & daughter seem to have some animal cruelty issues to sort out, I hope they can do that.

Dragon_Mommy 3

Please accept my sincerest apologies - your daughter is an idiot. If I were in your position I would never have my dog destroyed over something he/she only did because they were provoked. Hopefully in time you'll be able to see your grandchildren again. Be strong and don't give in.

I can't stand people who don't teach their children how to treat animals and then get pissed when their child gets hurts from mistreating an animal. ?

Definitely FYL OP. That is an impossible position to be in. I hope you and your daughter can work things out. Obviously you are never going to murder your healthy 11 year dog because of one scratch caused by an obviously cruel little girl in need of some serious discipline. I don't understand how you're the one being punished when it should be your granddaughter.