By Amberizzle - 26/09/2009 16:43 - United States

Today, it is my three-year-anniversary with my boyfriend. I asked if he had planned anything for us, and he said yes. My parents volunteered to watch our daughter, I got all excited, and apparently our "plans" are to watch a football game. What do I get to do? Make sandwiches. For him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 859
You deserved it 8 553

Same thing different taste

Top comments

spaceranger33 0

i have to at least commend the guy for staying with you for 3 years and raising a kid with you despite not making any long term commitment like marriage

fbp6277 0

You guys are kind of assholes. She doesn't have to marry the guy to have kids. Marriage isn't right for some people. Just because someone has a kid with someone without getting married doesn't mean the kid is going to be ****** up. It's better to have the people not get married then to get married and always fight around the kid. People should quit being so judgemental.

Comments

I don't get why the man always has to do everything, it's his anniversary too, really you could have met him at the door when he got home from work, maybe in a little something sexy, then sure, make some snacks and sit down and watch the game together, I bet he would really appreciate that. Apparently it's all about you though and he has to sit through a dinner and a lame romantic comedy to please you. Most dates are things guys hate to do so why can't you be happy that this one date is for him?

YDI for having premarital sex with a MCP (male chauvinist pig). Just kidding, FYL.

I think you should have dumped his ass.. what a dick.

Okay... So ALL of you are idiots for assuming she had a child out of wedlock. Take my boyfriends parents for instance... His mother has three children. 16, 12, and 11. Her current husband, is not the father of any of those kids. She was married when she had them, but it didn't work out. Those kids still call him daddy. He's the only one they've ever really known. Those are "their" kids...even if not biologically. So get a grip people...what century is this? And OP, have you tried watching football with him? Eat a sandwich and sit down. I never thought I'd like football, but I LOVE it. I don't miss a game. Try spending time with him and see what he likes to do. The game doesn't last all day:)

Making sandwiches is an important skill. Making sammiches, however, is a skill necessary to hold onto a man.

Oh no. Your boyfriend asked you to make sandwiches for him. You should walk RIGHT OUT THAT DOOR!. Jesus, so he wanted to watch football. Make the plans yourself, next time. Chances are, he had already planned to watch the game and caually forgot it was the day of your anniversary. Shit, don't complain about things that are perfectly normal. It's called LIFE.

Who knew this FML would bring about all the unoriginal, unfunny misogynistic sexist "make me a sandwich" jokes? To anyone making the jokes: You're not funny. You're not clever. You're unoriginal. You're an idiot.

Bellerien 0

OP, if you like, I can break his nose for you. :D If you strike the philtrum just right...

If you want real anniversaries you should have a real MARRIAGE. It's his (non-marriage) anniversary too. You obviously didn't plan or arrainge anything. So why bitch when he's honest with you?!? I think I see why he hasn't married you... If you're pissed, make bad sandwiches. With pickle-loaf and fat-free miracle whip. No-one likes that shit.