By scarletdurose88 - 19/04/2009 21:47 - United States

Today, is my 21st birthday. I get home after my night out and walk into the garage to see a 2002 Red Corvette convertible. I run up to the car thinking its a gift and there's a note: "Dani this is not your birthday present. Quit drooling on my car. -Dad" Thanks Dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 764
You deserved it 13 787

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kellster 2

Why would they give you such an expensive car??? Buy your own car, you're an adult!

Comments

my parents bought me a car. i guess they don't love you.

Man (or woman), please tell me you at least laughed a bit when you saw that note. It was perfect. xD

yep, we need a "so, what?" comment. This is not an FML, so I can't agree your life is f**ked, or if you deserved it.

aguar88 0

The FML is that there was a shiny new car in the driveway on the person's birthday and that little pang of excitement got crushed...the FML was not "Today was my birthday and I did not get a corvette" so jeez cut the guy or girl some slack, being optimistic/hopeful doesn't make you spoiled. Also, as previously noted, living at home at 21 does not automatically mean you're a loser. Most college students, especially those who go away and live in dorms, still live at home during breaks. So, yes, maybe it is a little silly to assume that you would get a Corvette for your 21st birthday, but who wouldn't have that moment of excitement if they came home on their birthday and saw a new car in the driveway?

angieo23 0

Haha...that's pretty clever of your dad, but really mean at the same time! I mean come on people..what would you think if you walked into your garage on your BIRTHDAY and saw a new car...most normal people would assume it was a bday present! She's not saying she thought she deserved to get one. That's the whole point of the FML...her dad obviously deliberately did that just to get her hopes up and then prank her.

Gah. comment deleted itself. freakin HTML tags. Love your dad. 48 is not entitled to an opinion because he can't spell. Brand does not determine performance specs.

@ #38, r u retarded? Corvettes will always be better than pos bmw's audi's and mercedez. You should stop talking if you dont know anything about cars.

RockstaR91 0

My rents bought me a 2002 mustang for my 18. Haha that sucks for you though. Now your dad is going to be one of those creepy fat bald guys that buy a corvette during their midlife crisis. No offense to the OP her dad deserves it for playing a trick like that

Truthbringer 0

so your angry that your parents who fed, and clothed you for 18 years didn't buy you a corvette for your birthday?